Stock rear leaf springs

Discussion in 'Ford F-250 and F-350 Suspension' started by Bdons-SD, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

So I think I've pretty much canned the idea of getting a newer truck, I just like mine waaaay too much. So I'm going to do some work to it and make it a little less rough and redneck. I'll post some stuff in my build thread as I go.

One of the main things I need to get done is shocks and springs, we have had the truck since 06 and I've put about 50k on it, 35k of it is after I bought it from my dad in 2011 and I haven't even put shocks on it. I'm going to go with a true 4" lift kit and ditch the 3.5" leveling pack, going to be complete with new springs, u bolts, shocks etc... The kits comes with new front lift springs but only an add a leaf or blocks in the rear. I was looking at rear lift springs but it's an extra $500 for a pair of 4" springs, or $300 for 5" springs, that way I can eliminate the lift block. 4" seems like a lot for me already since I actually use the truck ha ha 5" would be over the top I think. My other thought is to just get stock replacements and add the add a leaf from whatever kit I get. Lift springs would probably be best but as always I'm on a budget. I've been able to find stock replacements for about $110 each but the shipping costs just as much as the springs. Aside from getting the. Local and paying full retail does anyone know of any sites that sell oem real springs that doesn't charge a billion dollars for shipping? Summit racing will ship the lift kit for about 30 bucks, $60 if I get the rear 5" springs but they don't have factory replacements.

I want my truck to have a factory f350 stance but able to clear my 35s that's the reason for the even 4" lift and not a typical 4" front 2.5" rear. I hate it when my truck sags when I'm hitched up. Does anyone have any thoughts? A set of 3" lift springs only costs a tad bit more than factory springs, maybe then just add a 1 in block? Maybe, I don't know, I need help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

I would do the 4" up front and 5" in the back, it'd give you a little rake and be fine for towing. If you have to go with a block, get the shortest one possible

3. Bdons-SD

Yeah, it's looking like that's what most guys are doing. Luckily I can get that all at summit with relatively cheap shipping. Cheap for big ass springs ha ha. I'm a little worried that 5" might be a bit much for my bed access, but I'll live with it. Maybe get some side steps or something to get to my toolbox.

4. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Just get some full length N-fabs.

[​IMG]

5. Bdons-SD

I've been eying those for awhile ha ha. Seems like I always manage to find something else to spend my money on.

6. Bdons-SD

Wife said I can pull the trigger on suspension and tires after we file or taxes. So in about a week or so I'll order em up. Probably going to stick with some 315 75 16 ATs. I'd like to get some 18s but I gotta stay on budget. If I find some cheap on CL I might snag them.