Jparks54's Truck build!

Discussion in 'Under Construction' started by jparks54, Sep 6, 2015.

1. jparks54

jparks54 Full Access Member

Hello everyone so I have been with yall for a long time and I am starting to plan my truck build and out of all my forums y'all have been my favorite so I would like y'all to help me plan. This truck will be an advertisement for my firearms business and would like to take it to some shows when I am done. I am planing a lot of one off stuff I will do my self or with the help of others.

The starting truck will be a 2013-2014 FX4 3.5L ecoboost black with black interior. 15% tint all the way around except windshield I cant decide weather or not to do a brow as i am 6'5" and in most vehicles I tend to look out of right where the as1 line is but would like to do a clear UV film weather or not i do a brow.

First mods will be performance THIS package with a few changes.

the changes will be offroad down pipes and THIS cat back exhaust with resonator delete

also silencer delete and BOV vent to open mod.

was kinda thinking about this lift SAS would be best but this may be the way i go with RS2 20x12 with 40x15.5x20 this would also probably be the last mod done and may possibly do a level till than.

Now for the appearance, lights, and interior.

Appearance where i need the most help in design so if you are good in design or know some one good in it and could help me let me know.

What I want is a raptor style graphic on the side but instead of scratches/mud I want guns gun parts ammo ect... Big J&J ARMORY logo on the hood and on the rear window maybe other places I want all these graphics to be done in an OD Green would really like some renderings to help me decide on what to do and how the OD green on black will look. Something will be done with all the badges to make them match

Lights tails with matching third break light, the head lights will be done with raptor retrofit with green demon eyes and logo etched lens green halos green c-clamps the dual ledstrips with either switch back or green. 54" light bar on top of truck more in bumper maybe grill all with green halos. white and green rocker lights. the head light configuration is still up in the air.

Interior is gonna be a huge task. To start all the standard silver trim will be painted OD Green with cerakote firearm coatings. This next part is going to be the big task, Replace rear bench with 2 bucket seats or replace all 4 with racing seats. build a custom flow through center console running from the front to back with down firing subs. which brings me to the stereo system not sure about speakers yet but i do want to be able to have more control over a custom sound system so I am researching head units and what to do as i would like to keep sync. finally for interior with the seats weather racing or stock I want custom upholstery with either OD green inserts or OD green piping.

will do bumpers and other exterior mods but im not worried about that till i get the truck and have a lot of whats listed done.

So what do y'all think? Any suggested changes or anything? help with design or a rendering?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  2. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

That is one wild custom truck Justin.

Getting a render started could be easier if you had some photos of a stock truck that you are going to build it from.

3. jparks54

Yea it definitely is but itll be awesome lol.

I can get some stock photos just looking for some one who dose renders.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

4. northernexo

northernexo Junior Member

This sounds very cool! I can't wait to buy a new truck one day and start modding best of luck with it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

5. jparks54

Well I got a truck about 2 weeks ago. 2014 fx4 ecoboost with 24k miles and 3.73 gears. This is an awesome truck and the ecoboost is a beast! My build plan has changed to be more mild untill its payed off at least ill update the plans when im sure of what they are.

[​IMG]<br />
    <br />
    [​IMG]<br />
    <br />
    [​IMG]<br />
    <br />
    [​IMG]<br/>

6. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Looks great! So what are the mild build plans??

7. jparks54

Main difrence will be lift size most everything else will stay in the plans. Ill probobly end up with a 4" lift but I want to find a way to do the 0-3 inch lift coil overs on top of a 4 inch spacer that comes with most lift so I can add an inch or 2 to the front if I want.

Other biggest change is a 20x9 rockstar2 with 35 maybe stuff 37s if I can

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  8. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Sounds good. Can't wait to see it up in the air!

9. jparks54

Me either

10. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Congrats man