Not build, but a mod thread.

Discussion in 'Under Construction' started by Bdons-SD, May 15, 2011.

1. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  2. Bdons-SD

So you guys might remember my thread a month or so ago that I was thinking about getting a 6.4 and selling my 7.3. After looking and driving some I changed my mind. I like no payments and my truck only has 150k miles so it has PLENTY of life left. It just needs some TLC that I've been ignoring.

I'm kind of over the black out look, I'm going to start stripping some of the black and try to make my truck look a little cleaner and less "hillbilly". The wife would like it a little better, plus I feel kind of dumb pulling up in a rednecked out truck and pulling the kids out at the mall and junk. I just want to class it up a bit. I'll be starting with new suspension and tires. I'm going with a 4 inch front with a 5 inch lift spring in the rear and eliminating the blocks. I'll be getting a lift kit with all new shocks and u bolts etc... It needs it bad. I'll probably stick with the 315 75 16s and strip the black off my rims, polish them and finish the.m with a clear coat unless I can find a nice set of 18s on CL for a good price, then I'll go with full 35s. It shouldn't sit too much higher then it does now, I'll have the factory stance, plus an extra half inch in the front , I think most of the height difference will come from the lack of sag in my springs ha ha. I'll post links to all of my potential purchases, I'd like to see everyone's opinions on brands.

I'm also going to put a muffler on it and quiet it down a bit, get a new replacement billet grill and relocate my lights behind the grille. I've already untainted my tailights and bought LEDS for my cab light and license plate lights as well as LEDs for my gauges cluster. I have some thoughts on LEDs for my tailights but I know nothing about wiring in LED strips so I have some homework to do but I'd like to get all big stuff done first. We have an appointment to get our taxes done so once we get an amount for our refund I'm going to go on a shopping spree. We have the cash but it's still winter so works still a little slow, perfect time to get the truck done but a crappy time to spend the money. I'll just post a list of links for the parts I'm eyeing and if you guys can give your thoughts it's be awesome, mainly I'd like opinions on brands of suspension. I've never actually bought a lift for my trucks before.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/exp-k4018b

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/sja-f9452pn

The rear set up on these don't matter since I'll be going with a lift spring so I'll be selling the rear set up, or maybe just buying the parts separate depending on cost.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/exp-22415

And just for the hell of it the replacement grille I picked. It will eliminate the 3 piece grille..
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

Sounds like a plan! I'm kinda over the black wheels phase. It'll look much cleaner once everything's done! Can't wait to see

4. Bdons-SD

Yeah, I never really loved the black rims, but they are so much easier to keep clean than polished aluminum. I think after some polish, clear coat, and some new center caps my wheels will look good enough to last me through another set of tires ha ha. I just seems like when something gets faded or chipped the answer is to rattle can it black, it's time to just replace some stuff ha ha.

5. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

Need some recent pics to see this beast. Ready, go!!

And don't go from all black to all chrome. There needs to be a happy medium. I think that's what Dylan is gettin to also.

6. Bdons-SD

[​IMG][​IMG]

These are my two most recents. The real major changes will be the wheels and the grille. Since I already untinted my tails those three things, plus a muffler should class it up, and putting the lights behind the grille will clean up the front end a bit too. The lift will change up the look but not too much, that's more for the ride improvement, my shocks and springs are shot ha ha.

I'm also looking into hids for my back up lights, similar to what Danny did to those cheap harbor freight lights. As well as replacing my current halogen work floods with some LEDs. Just some cheapos since they get beat up when I'm working. My buddy is also helping in guiding me through projector retrofits for my headlights. I just need to pick up a set of backup headlights. But like I said, I want to get the suspension and tires done first.

7. Bdons-SD

Those pictures don't actually look too bad, probably since it's clean ha ha. But my grille is starting to chip and fade, and my wheels are chipping too, doesn't look bad from a distance but when you get up close it looks cheap and shatty.

8. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

It does look good but a few improvements never hurt

9. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

fuggin redneck :jester: all it needs is stacks and a browning sticker. Oh! and a headache rack

10. Bdons-SD

Can anyone cut me a giant vinyl "P" for the back window?