Might be buying another fixer!

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by Bdons-SD, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

Normally I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole. But it's my buddies and it's been sitting for almost 2 years. It's a 92 yj, 2.5l with manual steering. It was stolen out from in front of his dad's house. It was missing for a week then it turned up about 20 miles away with a cut fuel line, slashed tires, slashed top, everything inside and the spare tire was stolen. If it wasn't for knowing the history on this thing and helping build a lot of it I wouldn't even consider buying it but I'm going into it with the intentions of selling it. My buddy replaced it with a super nice built TJ and he's lost interest in fixing this up and selling it. Plus he's the type that always plans on doing something and never does.

Specs:
    137k miles
    4.5 " rubicon express lift
    Airaid CAI
    Paper weight throttle body spacer
    Warn bumpers front and rear with rear tire swing gate
    Lockrite rear locker
    Stock 4.10s
    Slip yoke eliminator
    Rebuilt transfer case
    Custom drive shafts
    Sway bar quick disconnects
    The tires were pernelli jones 33 12.5s but they're toast

Cons:
    DESTROYED steering column
    Oil leak or oil blowback, to be determined
    Cut fuel line
    The rear piece of the soft top is cut
    Slashed tires

2.5 4 cyl
    Manual steering

If I like the jeep when it's fixed I may slap some power steering on it and rock the 2.5 for a while and keep it for myself. Might consider rebuilding a nice inline 4.0 for it. The swap is stupid easy.

He's giving it to me for $2k minus the winch since he committed to sell that to someone else already, not too bad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

Def worth the flip or the upgrade to keeping.
    Jeeps here have mojo value regardless of condition.

3. AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER Got Snow?

It always amazes me how well jeeps retain their value. It's crazy how much a 15 year old jeep goes for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

4. Bdons-SD

I know right! A running, driving, mildly built yj goes for a good $5k around here. $6k-$7 for a 4.0.

5. TwentyTenFX4

TwentyTenFX4 Officially has DES

Do it! I'm loving my tj right now. it's mainly my weekend toy but if I decide to sell it I won't have a problem.

6. Bdons-SD

That's basically where I am. I borrowed another buddies lifted yj with a 6 cyl once and it was not fun to drive so I'm leaning towards selling it but a part of me wants to keep it despite the horrible ride it will be. It'll be fun no doubt but fun for a daily driver? I'm thinking no.

The tjs are a much nicer ride, I would keep it hands down it it were a tj

7. TwentyTenFX4

You could always do a spring conversion and get those leafs out from under it. That should help the ride out a lot. Doing that with a good set of springs and shocks, itll be a whole new ride.

8. Bdons-SD

I've thought about it. It would be a fun project but I don't have the funds at the moment to put some serious money into it. A nice 4.0 and some coils would be awesome, but I've dumped all my extra toy money into my house.

Selling the jeep is supposed to fix my truck ha ha. I have a sticking injector. It's not bad right now, it only sticks here and there at idle but it's only going to get worse. I saw this jeep as an opportunity to get some extra cash so I don't have to dip into savings again. BUT if I drive the jeep as is for a while I can put off the injectors for a bit.

I still have to get the thing to my house, won't be an issue but I'm not hauling it over until my buddy tracks down his title. I have plenty of time to figure out what I'm going to do. He's a "I'll have to find the title" kind of guy ha ha.

9. TwentyTenFX4

Haha. Yea I know those types of people. You should make some decent money off it. Just look for good used parts and youll be fine.

10. Bdons-SD

Yeah. He'll get the title for me it's just a matter of when ha ha.

I've already been browsing CL for parts, there's a couple of Cherokees on there that people are parting out. From what I understand, the steering column is different, but compatible. I still have some homework to do. I have a set of tires lined up for $0.00. There %20 33 10.5 15s, pizza cutters but they'll do the job and get the thing rolling, and the free price is good ha ha.

The jeep fires up awesome, I charged up the battery the other day, popped it in 4 low and moved it out of the sticker bushes about 20 feet. It turns those pancake tires no problem ha ha.