Firing order other possible problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Blaze Truck, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Blaze Truck

Blaze Truck Junior Member

So my vehicle is an 85 f150 it has the 302 when i bought the truck i was told it came out of an 95 boss 302 mustang. There was no boss 302 that year of course so heres what i know about the engine. The block is an 87 i believe e7te were the casting numbers. I dont know where else to look for casting numbers on the head etc i certainly couldnt find anything looking around just the block casting numbers. Heres my problem i have been experimenting with different firing order seems simple right. some were complete misses running on 4 cylinders etc. but 2 of them have been good one runs ****ty. The other doesnt run ****ty but i have to give it a lot more gas i get pretty familiar with the bottom of the pedal on this one but it feels a lot better. I guess i really just need to know how to determine whats in this motor and what firing order goes with that configuration. And if i happen to have the right firing order why do i need to be at the bottom of the pedal most of the time this thing has a 4 bbl on it and at the best of times ive managed 8 mpg or so im not expecting much more than that with 40 in tires but maybe you can help me out thanks.

2. AKBray907

AKBray907 SUPER *********.

its probably got a 351 cam in it, try 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8

3. dev199505

dev199505 Junior Member

Just curious how old are the cables and plugs?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk