How to: Raptor Style Lights *Pics Included*

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by Northwoods4x4, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Northwoods4x4

Northwoods4x4 BangBro

This light mod is a cheap and easy way to add looks to your truck. The only tools you need are wire cutter, some wire, wire connectors, and some electric tape. The lights themselves can be purchased at Walmart or any other store for about $2 a piece. One thing I did was tint the lights with NightShade, just so they would blend in better with the grille.

The first step is to remove the black plastic fan shield or whatever you call it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The second step, is to take the lights and kinda line them up were you like them to sit. Then mark them with a colored sharpie or pencil. Drill those holes out, then you have to drill another in between those two holes for the wire. After you drilled your wholes, feed the wire up through the hole and take two sheet metal screws and screw them in. Don't tighten the screws down all the way yet, for you need to run a ground wire from one of the screws.
    [​IMG]

The next part is a little tricky. You need to reach back under the grille and fish for the wires coming from the lights. Once you can grab them, the wires have just enough length to be pulled out from under the grille. Take your wire cutters and crimple the light wire to another wire that you will run to your lights. I took wires to both corner lights. I ran a wire from the two on the drivers side, connected them into one single wire and then ran that single wire to the corner light, to keep it cleaner looking. I then did the same thing for the passenger side
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next you need to unplug your wiring harness going into your corner light and expose the wires by removing the tape
    [​IMG]
    Once you have the wires exposed, you cut into the BROWN WIRE. Then you simply cut the brown wire, reconnect it with a wire connector and crimple the wire back together with the wire running from your marker light into it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After you have them connected up, test them to see if they work (make sure you have grounded the wires). If they do, take electrical tape and wrap the wires back up and put your corners back in place.
    Then your done
    [​IMG]
    If you have any other questions, or something I didn't clarify well, let me know.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Nice job dood :cheers:

3. Avsfan37

Avsfan37 Junior Member

Good write-up, looks good on your truck. What kind of lights did you use?

4. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

Nice work dude. :peace:

5. UtahFord

UtahFord FFS best looking guy

Now that's a thread revival for sure