12th gen owners

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by 97madness, Aug 10, 2015.

1. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

Just a question i have for all of you. Iirc most of you guys bought them used, but do you still try to not abuse them as a "truck." As you know i bought a dodge for a work truck to keep from destroying my $40k truck. Mainly due to it being white, and people at the yard thinking it's a company truck. Definitely not, so get you're nasty asses off of my truck lol. I almost feel like i'm wasting it now, as it sits more than i drive it. Use the dodge 5-6 days of the week, then dont feel like moving other vehicles to drive it when im not going to work. I've taken it a few times in the last 3 weeks. Being it's almost 1/4 of my money for the month, i question even keeping it at this point. Or selling the dodge and just using it as a truck, and hope i dont tear it up too bad. What do you guys do/think?

2. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

Do you have to use a personal vehicle as a work truck?

If so, I would suggest maybe trading both in on something a little older and not as nice to keep you from worrying too much about tearing up a nice 2014. Maybe get a 09 or 10 lariat and save a bit each month on the payment and insurance.

3. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

^^what he said

4. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

just don't tear it up lol

I use my truck for everything, hauling, pulling, grocery getting, pulling stumps out of the yard and whatever else.

just take care of it.

5. 97madness

Yes, my work truck is my own personal that i purchased. I'm not afraid of tearing my '13 up myself. I use it for chores and odd jobs i do on my time. It's more of my ignorant coworkers that bothers me.

6. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

That's it, they act as if they have
    no respect for other people's personal items.

If you look at their things, they have no
    respect for their things either.

7. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

Since this truck is alot newer (and a hell of alot nicer) I'm trying not to beat on it like i did the previous two trucks. It's never going to see mud, unless it absolutely has to. I take it to the beach every now and then but no more doing donuts and hot rodding in the sand. Smart move though with the dodge as a daily/beater. Keeps miles off the '13 and less of a chance of tearing stuff up. I'd keep both and make the '13 a nice pretty pavement pounder like mine :peace:

8. 97madness

Lol i wish i had the money to do the mods.. i'm more broke now than i was before i got the new job. And i make a hell of a lot more money too. I wont go into details why im broke, but it has a vagina.

9. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

as long as you didn't buy said vagina a sparkly rock.... wait... DON'T DO IT

10. 97madness

Oh god no. But i have kinda "manned up" since i felt bad that the kids' dad is being a prick and neglecting them. The kids dont deserve that.