2001 expedition xlt with digital compass/temp swap to mpg ecu???

Discussion in '10th Generation F-Series : 1997 - 2003' started by northernexo, Oct 21, 2015.

1. northernexo

northernexo Junior Member

Hello,

I have an 01 expedition xlt with digital compass/temp overhead display and want to swap in the display with the compass/temp and mpg and distance until empty options.

While working on this truck I've started realizing that xlts have certain things pre wired like fog lights, the fog light wires were already ran from the factory and just needed the lights and OEM switch to work.

Does anyone know if this would be a plug and play affair for my expedition, since it already has the temp/compass ecu??

I've done allot of searching online and all the info I've found on this swap is from people that either want to retro fit this ecu into an f150 or other Ford that didn't have any existing ecus in place and those people got all the necessary pieces like the temp sending unit etc. And did lots of wiring and modification to get it to work, my hat goes off to those that did the seriously hard work in order to get a few added features, but I just don't have the time to do this as I'm headed on a long road trip in 2 weeks.

I'm just hoping sinc I have most of the components in place that this will be a plug and play deal like the fog lights were, but if someone knows for sure then I won't bother buying the ecu from eBay.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

2. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

It might work, but you'll need some extra buttons. On the F150s you can swap the guage cluster out and then wire the info center switches and it'll work.

I don't know anyone that's done it with an Expy, your best bet would be to hit up a junkyard and find an Eddie Bauer or something and yank the gauges and corresponding wires and buttons and try it on yours.