2004 Ford F150 Prerunner! Las Vegas daily driver!

Discussion in 'Under Construction' started by Adrianlives702, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Adrianlives702

Adrianlives702 Full Access Member

Hello everyone I am currently on vacation and just killing some time so I figured I would start a build thread for my truck. Since this is the first post I'll start off my saying I got this truck in 2010 for around 12k. Its a standard cab with the 4.6 was all stock. Here is the first look! Thanks everyone! [​IMG]

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

2. Adrianlives702

Shortly after buying the truck I purchased a 2 and a half inch leveling kit for it, and 5 rims and tires from a brand new Ford raptor. 17 inch wheels with 35 inch bfg all terrains. I went ahead and got all of that put on for a clean look. But the truck slowed way down with those tires so I bought a Superchips plug and play programmer. I run the 87 octane tune. To give it a little noise I straight piped it after the cat. Sounds good and didn't lose too much power. Oh ya and after a while I just painted the rims black. And got the windows tinted for an overall clean street look.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk [​IMG]

3. Adrianlives702

Here is a pic of it basic and leveled out still. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Adrianlives702

From there I went ahead and painted the factory bumpers and grill all black. A few weeks later I pulled the front bumper off and cleaned it up to take it and drop it off to get a front tubed bumper fabbed. I also blacked out the tail lights and the Ford emblems[​IMG]. [​IMG]

5. Adrianlives702

I wish I could find picture from the bumper build process but anyways here is how it looked, painted tubed bumper black as well. Tubed bumper, skid plate and tabbed for lights. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Adrianlives702

So at this point I just pretty much focussed on saving up some money for my front suspension. I worked in a car dealership and over the time I spent a lot of time getting the truck up to par and fixing little things here and there.
    After a little while of searching I found a Camburg 7.0 mid travel front end for my truck. I drove to California and bought the kit and while I was there I bought 4new rims because they need to have a certain backspacing to clear the new spindles. . A 7.0 kit is a tubed upper arm with uniball, a spindle, full heimed steering, steel braided brake lines and a Coilover adapter. I'm running a sway away 8 inch 2.5 resi Coilovers. Here are some pics of the new suspension
    And rims. Oh ya and I picked up glassworks unlimited front fiberglass.fenders to clear everything. The kit is 1.5 inches over per side. The fenders were black from another truck so I primered them in the time being. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Adrianlives702

Then I went ahead and painted the front suspension components all black! Had to sand it all down and primer it then I ordered a new Camburg logo for the uppers [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

Very nice! Your truck looks 10x sicker than that raptor. Now get some pics of that thing 10 feet in the air! :peace:

9. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

need better pics :Grenade:

10. Adrianlives702

Thanks. Lol as soon as im caught up you will get action shots. And are the pictures not coming out? some look small on my phone but others big. In another forum it was the same and a member said they looked fine. I may have to hop on a computer and re add all the pics. Sorry guys.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012