2015 Ford F-150 to Drop Fully Boxed Frame

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cowboy, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

Not defending T Fiddle's Dudge, but most heavy duty trucks that are 4WD ride like crap. I know the 2001 F-250 4x4 I use to drive as a company truck rode like t total shat. Your back would hurt after long trips in that fugger.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

2. Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12 Full Access Member

Ride in an 09+ ram 1500

3. Darth Bama

Work with a guy that has a 2012 Ram Big Horn. I also work with a guy that just bought a 2013 Silverado. I've rode to lunch in both guy's trucks. Yeah, the Dudge was much improved over previous Dudge's I've drove & rode in, but the Chevrolet was like a Caddy. Smooth, almost non existent interior noise. Not to mention the overall look of the interior. I'm sorry, but even the top of the line Ram interior looks cheap IMO. The Chevrolet beats Ford and Dudge both on ride and interior comfort.

4. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Hate to agree with you bama but have to. My buddy bought a new chevy and yesnits like riding in a caddy for sure

5. Darth Bama

Them fuggers almost ride like a car :jester:

6. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

Rented that new (3 miles on the odo)
    2013 Suburban to go to FL (Hilton inside the park
    of Disney) and yes it soaked up the bumps
    and had plenty of power but the interior fit
    and finish is better IMO on our 2000 Lariat F250.
    'Burban's 17 mpg wasn't that impressive either.

7. TFIDDLE

TFIDDLE VEEEE TEn

Chebbys ride soooo good. My buddies 98 lariat also rides good.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

8. AKBray907

AKBray907 SUPER *********.

I don't see a huge deal about it. Honestly boxing a frame is old school stuff. Welcome to the age of triangulation and crossbracing. It wouldn't be that hard to design a frame using said measures and be lighter and stronger then a full boxed frame, auto cross and road racer guys have been doing that type of thing forever.

9. AKBray907

AKBray907 SUPER *********.

It really depends on the truck, you gotta compare apples to apples, things like rim size tire size and all that stuff can make a huge difference even. I know my brother had 16s on his tahoe and friend had identical vehicle with 20s and it was like riding in a tank compared to my brothers haha.
    Realistically all the new trucks are so similar in ride that it's pretty much negligible, havin been in all of them, they all ride nice an are a testament to how the truck industry has come along. I know Chevys claim to be the quietest but I don't think I've ever ridden in a truck without the radio on, the small amount of db difference is surpassed by listening to the radio. But I guess if you're just completely quiet an cruising along haha.
    As far as interior goes I really don't like the new Chevys, I said it before I'll say it again I think the mid 2000s were Chevys best years, great looking vehicles all around and the layouts were nice. Now they look really really cheap interior IMO, it looks like a toy look almost.
    I will say the one thing I don't like about my dads 11 lariat is the woodgrain, kinda cheesy to me. But maybe ill airbruh that for him sometime haha. But I just like the layout so much better, it seems cleaner to me and more classy.
    Used to own a chevy suburban (2003 model) and could never get used to the seats, Chevy has always had larger poofier seats so if you like that then that's cool, but they never ever fit me right and I noticed because of the large poofiness the leather cracks an wears so much faster, my suburban, brothers tahoe, all the drivers seats just about cut you if you hopped on that leather in athletic shorts after the gym ha.
    But all in all, the new trucks regardless of brand are all pretty nice (minus looks) can't stand a few of them, but it's really just a matter of what you want or like best as performance can be had from all and what is most comfortable changes from person to person