37's ???

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Johnny5101, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Johnny5101

Johnny5101 Member

That could help out my issue with the rearend. But what would be my options for the front differential? As I have 4x4 and would need to change the gear set up on both ends. I don't think I can. But does our trucks let us switch out differentials with say a super duty?

2. Johnny5101

Johnny5101 Member

If I swap the rearend, wouldn't I need to change the front end as well? And I don't think we can on our trucks, but can we change our our differentials with say a super duty? They have a lot bigger gears on those don't they? Just trying to see my choices. I just don't want to give up on the bigger tires just yet. Because even if I went to the 35's I would still need bigger gears than the 3.55 mine have right?!! And if I'm changing the gears wouldn't I be smart to just get them a little bigger than what the 35's call for. Because I really like the 37's. Or the idea of lifting it a bit more down the road.

3. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

You can hvae front and rear regeared no problem.

4. Johnny5101

Johnny5101 Member

How? Are you taking about with my setup that I have now. With 8.8 rearend and 3.55 gears. Or were you talking about with a 9.75 rearend? I was just searching CL for a 9.75 rearend. Haven't had much luck anywhere close to me.

5. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

6. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

What are your plans for the truck, and which motor do you have?

7. Johnny5101

Johnny5101 Member

My truck is just for driving to work. I would rarely ever get it in the mud. We do snowy winters. I'm in Ohio. I just like the lifted look better than stock. Unfortunately I only have the 4.6L. Wish I had the bigger one like my navigator. But I got the truck at a really good price so I can't complain. What about my transmission? Would that hold up with that big of tires? And are you saying I wouldn't need the 4.88 gears? Cause I was told they only have a high performance setup to fit into my pigs. Also, if you change the gears, should you always change the bushings also?

8. Johnny5101

Johnny5101 Member

Ok, so I have made up my mind after putting the 33's back on. I hate them now! Lol. I must get regeared! I found a really good deal that someone is getting rid of his 4.56 gears for the the rear. Will that be ok for my 37's? Or must I go with the 4.88's? I'm hoping the 4.56 will do the trick. Because he already has new bushing on them. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

9. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

4.56 will work fine. If you were towing a lot or mudding I'd say 4.88.
    I'd recommend a tuner to fix your speedometer and get a little extra power also.

10. Johnny5101

Johnny5101 Member

Which tuners work the best? I know the have some I can mount on my dash right? Will I need one the does custom tuning?