Adding OEM Upfitter switches from SD to 11th Gen?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by VanoFord, Sep 27, 2012.

1. ast123

ast123 Full Access Member

You still workin on it Vano? Make sure you post up some pics when you get it done!

2. 2011F150

2011F150 Full Access Member

Thats pretty sweet lookin COWBOY how did you get those words on there like that and to light up?

3. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

I had a guy take a piece of lexon, paint it black. Then take a laser etch machine and burn off the paint, disassembled the ashtray, place a few led's in there and hooked it up to the running lights.

4. bktabolts

bktabolts Full Access Member

Vano-
    Hows the project coming along? I'm still between where I'm mounting my uplifters? I've been thinking about that spot below the HVAC, or mold it into the overhead console. Just looking for other ideas.

5. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    Might be trading the truck in for a SD :poker:

i do know that there were no pigtails like the SD's have so that you can easily add upfitters. You will have to color code the SD's electrical schematic to your trucks elec schem and hope everything lines up. I was midway through sortin out what needed to be tapped from my elec schem to the SD elec schem, but then the truck pissed me off and i'm tempted to trade her in...

but that is the exact spot i was going to place mine, in that UNUSED indention below the HVAC system. There is lots of room behind that panel since we dont have the duct work for the consoles rear AC.

And Nick does have one of the nicest NON oem upfitter switch sets I have seen. :peace:

6. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

thanks dude.

7. bktabolts

bktabolts Full Access Member

No offense, But i'm not diggin' that look of Nicks. I'm inclined with fab work, since I only see my truck a few weeks out of the year, I just don't know where I want to install them. I want it to fit and flow like factory. Just sucks I don't have the flow through console. I just like that my gun fits in the pocket in front of the console. Really been thinking about overhead, and molding it in to or molding a new overhead console. That way I can also put in a drop screen that is motorized to fold down when in reverse. And then I can make the uplifter switches really blend in also. My wiring skills are up there.
    Good luck on the new purchase if you go that way. I've been wanting a SD for a side business, but not sure if i want that big of a truck. Thanks for your input.