AK 91 XLT F-150 thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Ak 08 stx, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Ak 08 stx

Ak 08 stx The Only One

ok so I first started out by getting this passed down from my dad, so after about a year of driving it and seeing others on the road with mod's to it I decided to mod mine out a little bit. First started by replacing the turn signals since drivers side got knocked out by brake locking up and hitting another vehicle, but you cant notice the damage, second one wasn't looking where I was going and ran into a fence post. So I replaced those.

in this picture you can see both turn signals knocked out

[​IMG]

The next thing I did was replace the radio my brother didn't install right, took that out and replaced it with a better radio, a kenwood I believe not 100% sure, but its a better one than what he had in there and installed correctly. Than I found some aftermarket tail lights online and sure enough my dad was happy with that purchase

[​IMG]

and they do have 5k led reverse bulbs in them and they are bright, but yet I don't have pics of them on but I can get some. The next thing I did was install some fog lights to the bumper of the truck and having a switch installed to the right of the steering wheel

before
    [​IMG]

after, and in this picture you can see them switchbacks in use right now

[​IMG]

I can get a pic of that here in a couple of minutes and after that I did the 5k switch backs in the front for the turn signals and 5k red brake bulbs and it was just a simple install, i can also get pics of those as well here in a few minutes, and for right now that is it

2. jake wells

jake wells Full Access Member

nice truck what is all that white fluffy stuff haha.

3. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

didnt even know you had a build thread! haha.

i love them old trucks man. especially when theyre lifted.

4. Ak 08 stx

Ak 08 stx The Only One

I am just trying to get it leveled right now, so I can fit some bigger tires under her, the exhaust I have to get the passenger side in the correct spot after I move the muffler around that I have right now, since the muffler is crocked so straighten that and straighten out the pipes, and redo my light bar I have in the back, also got to replace all shocks and do an oil change when I get home on the truck and car, got to drive truck first so I can get all supplies

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  5. Ak 08 stx

Ak 08 stx The Only One

so here are the 5k reverse lights installed

[​IMG]

6. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

Thats a good looking square body f150. I don't like a lot of them, but you got that one looking good.

7. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

I really want some brighter reverse lights. Where did you get the lights? Are they just bulbs? LEDs?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

8. Ak 08 stx

Ak 08 stx The Only One

Thy are led bulbs and you can buy them at Welcome to V-LED ... The power is in the package
    They are great bulbs and none have burnt out yet

9. Ak 08 stx

Ak 08 stx The Only One

Why thank you kind sir and if you didn't notice the very last picture it's hard to see, but there is a good sized dent on the door, women drivers aka my mom

10. Ak 08 stx

Ak 08 stx The Only One

gonna get the truck all nice and cleared off when I get home and go to some field with some snow and take some pics of her and post them up on here, and its has been a long time since I have drove her but I know she will start right up when I get home