Anyone try these?

Discussion in 'Member's Garage and Tools' started by TxFx04, Feb 1, 2012.

1. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

This weekend im gonna attempt ..again, to cut my rear cats out. i don't want to cut them off while on the truck because if i weld the straight pipes in i won't be able to weld the tops of the pipes due to lack of room. Clamps would be a bad idea because i've heard from alot of people that have done it with clamps that they leak over time and i don't want any leaks.

The only way i can think to do it is to unbolt the mid pipe from the manifolds, cut out the cats and then i can get a full weld all the way around. I tried this before and i got 3 of 4 bolts from the bottom of the manifold off, but of course the last bolt i rounded off.

I want to try to get some of those sockets that are specially made for taking off rounded and stripped bolts. I think it could work but i've never heard anything about them. has anyone tried them?

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

2. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

That's a good kit. We've got something similar from snap on

3. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

it should work dylan

4. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Should work, they're not too expensive even if they don't. You can't get up there with a torch and just cut the bolt head off? or a plasma cutter?

5. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

6. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

on my truck there is literaly no room up near the bottom of the manifold. so cutting it is out of the equation also. im probably gonna pick up a set since they dont sell them individually