Body lift?

Discussion in 'Lifted' started by BlackThundah, Apr 30, 2013.

1. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

I've just been looking around and was thinking about possibly doing a body lift. But, I can't find any trucks with a 35'' tire and 18s with a body lift. Also I've been trying to find some good side shots of trucks with body lifts to try and give me a idea how low the frame would really be. So If any body has any pictures of trucks with this set up or has a link to trucks like this it would be great. Doesn't have to be 97 -98 only because If I get a body I will probably update the front end.

2. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

Look at myfx4projects truck

3. Northwoods4x4

Northwoods4x4 BangBro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

I'm speaking frome xperience, look at the pros and cons of body lifts before you jump the gun and get one. I would rather have gotten a suspension lift, but I'm perfectly happy with my body lift and haven't had any problems with it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Attached Files:

5. str8t six

str8t six never enough

heres mine with 3" BL and 35's. if you need anymore pics. let me know

[​IMG][/URL]

6. Big'un

Big'un BillyBadAss

body lift is the only way to go! period!

[​IMG]

7. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

Wow, thanks guys for the pics. Those are exactly what I was looking for. :peace:

I've been trying to find out all the facts about them I can, but from your experiences (talking to everyone with a body lift) what would you guys say are good and bad about them? Or why you would prefer a susp lift? Don't get me wrong, I'm doing all the research I can, but it helps to talk to people that have them.

8. AKBray907

AKBray907 SUPER *********.

Pros
    They're cheap, relatively easy to install, allows for bigger tires

Cons
    Doesn't have extra frame clearance like a suspension lift, some look bad if you dot get gap hiders,

9. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

That basically sums it up. I wanted the extra frame clearance that a suspension lift provides but I don't know if ill get one because I need to fit in a garage still lol

Pros: not too hard to install, keeps factory ride instead of stiffer ride, cheap, more room under hood

Cons: 35s will rub the frame and sometimes valence on stock wheels, not as much suspension travel, looks worse (but not bad) than a susp lift, tow package hangs down a bit, tow hooks hang down a bit, exhaust has to be relocated or chopped, I wouldn't advise putting on replacement bumpers with the bumper brackets provided... but like I said, I don't regret mine a bit. :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy S3

10. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    if you are having to have the body lift installed by someone else, then its just better to get a full susp lift since it will be about the same coin, but you could do the susp yourself. I opted NOT to put my body lift on my 06 myself, and paid someone $400 to do it. truck was gone for a day. i would have just gotten a 6" lift had I known the install was going to be cumbersome. I just didnt have the means to lift my cab...