Build Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by n-3-s-l-0, Jun 6, 2013.

1. n-3-s-l-0

n-3-s-l-0 Full Access Member

Ok this has been bugging me for a while now. When i bought my new tires i followed the Edge guidelines for what to change the tire size to to recalibrate the speedometer. I did what i thought i was supposed to do and my speedometer is still off, the speedo reads faster than the actual truck speed. the radar deals on the road sides tell me that im going 32 when my speedo says 35. what size should i put in for 285 70 17 tires. I think right now im at 2610mm in the Edge for tire size.

2. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

Go online. Search what kind of tire you have in the size you have it in. For me it would be goodyear duratracs 315/70/17. It should somewhere say the revolutions per mile for your specific tire. Mine is around 300 or so. From there you should be able to put that that number in for tire size and then also make sure your gear ratio is set the same as your truck.

3. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

I get it close then adjust. Your tire size can change with amount of wear and psi

sent from my igloo

4. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Normally they say around a 15% squish factor needs to be accounted for when adjusting tire size. Try dropping your edge tire size by 15% and see what happens

5. n-3-s-l-0

n-3-s-l-0 Full Access Member

Anybody running Air Bag suspension in their trucks? Air Lift makes a kit for our trucks for $250, my buddy had them on his 03 silverado 1500 and he thought they were awesome.

6. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Nope I am not a fan of air suspension but that's just my opinion

7. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

I've looked at bags, but haven't had the need yet. I guess they'd be good if you had a heavy payload all the time.