Classic question Mudgrappler vs Trailgrappler.

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by BlackThundah, Sep 30, 2012.

1. DestinationFX4

DestinationFX4 Admanistrator

Like what? Im going to be in the market for tires soon as well, so im watching this thread closely.

2. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

Same with me but I'm pretty set on those federals. Heard nothing but good about em

3. DestinationFX4

DestinationFX4 Admanistrator

I've been eyeing the federals as well. Only probably is I don't want a 35 inch tire. Maybe I'll just settle for a 33 again. What kind of prices have you been seeing on them?

4. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

they're the cheapest I've seen. A 35x12.50-17 runs about 280ish

5. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

I did check out some bfg km2s the other day...But I don't think that's what I want to go with. I also check out the federals, But I read that they wear bad on the 3/4th tons. I'm really leaning twards the trail grapplers. :hmm: Basically I'm at 35 12.50 r20 Cooper stt's, Toyo open country's, or trailgraps. I like the way they all look, just wonder how they perform.

6. 2011F150

2011F150 Full Access Member

Im a tire whole seller in Dallas Tx and we sell the crap outta the Toyo HK Fed Firestone Buckshot MT's

For Mileage on HWY thats easily Toyo Firestone Buckshot HK Grapler MT Fed in that order

FYI if you looking at the Fed MT for a DD don't do it they wear out in less than 25K and thats if they make it that far without pin holeing around the sidewall where it joins to the surface treat.

Cooper STT are a fair tire not one of my personal faves more so cause if im payin that price im going with Toyo MT's has the best sidewall protection of the radial MT's

My honest opinion the Original BFG Mud was the best of the best and i have ran all the above listed at one time of another and i can also say the Dick Cepek Mud CRUSHERS are a bad ass tire. But those are harder and harder to come by.

Go with the Toyo MT top rated in just about every category except wet streets, however not many mud tires hold there own on wet black top. If you need any insight feel free to ask me i been doing tires for well over 15 yrs, and i been running muds ever since i could drive and my dads been a GM/tire business for 40+ and like i said i've ran a bunch of them since i get there for wholesale pricing and then put them on myself, its easier to buy-resell-buy new-resell if ya follow me.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  7. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

i'm running the Federals, and for my 10min drive to work, i doubt they get real heated up. But they still look new with about 8k on them. Everything else on them still looks good aswell. I couldnt knock them for the price.

8. 2011F150

2011F150 Full Access Member

my advice would be don't run them with low pressure, and im sure there are some out there running fine we sell thousands a year, but i would say 1-100 are sent back, i've only seen maybe 2 or 3 sets of Toyo MT's sent back and it was because they didn't know how to mount and balance a 40" mud tire, no doubt not an easy task but we have done it on the machine and bubble style, it can be done....best yet is the Dyna balancing beads water don't effect them and hot or cold don't effect them best thing for any tire over the 33" size

http://www.bestrestproducts.com/c-100-dyna-beads.aspx

9. TFIDDLE

TFIDDLE VEEEE TEn

km2's on 3/4ton. thats whats on my f250

10. Big'un

Big'un BillyBadAss

toyos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!