Column to Console shifter switch

Discussion in 'Interior' started by 2011F150, Aug 29, 2012.

1. 2011F150

2011F150 Full Access Member

Hey guy's new to the forum, i have a 2011 F150 XLT 4x4 Off-Road silver/blk interior. Im looking for the parts to do a column shifter switch to the console floor shifter. I have seen a ton of great info and have read most everything i could find. However i have found nobody with a 2009+ truck yet. I will be documenting everything planning to take the dash apart this weekend and see exactly what all needs to be done.

Trying to figure out a list of actual dash parts i need i want it to basically look just like the lariet and all stock after the console is in i will take my time looking for the dash parts to conform it into the console and make it look good/stock. From what i've seen it looks like the XLT dash under the radio is identical except the the bottom two pieces of plastic and the two sides to the radios that holds the ac vents and 4wd switch. Mine is slanted towards the front of the truck and the Lariet and up is straight down best i can tell? Anybody got a good picture of a lariet or up in trim they could post.

Thanks in advance for any other advice. Lots of nice trucks on here. Id post up a pic but not really sure how.

2. 2011F150

Dang nobody knows nothin on these 09+ trucks.

I have figured out duh my console itself can come from an 09+ but the shifter and cables have to be for the 11+ cause its a 6 speed, plus manual shift, that which the 09-10's do not have. Looks like the cheapest way and easiest way to buy one is buy it in a whole bundle i found on online now i would probobly buy but i need to know how feasible this conversion is before i drop 400$ into with my eye's closed.

Anybody?

3. UtahFord

UtahFord FFS best looking guy

Idk man I think it new territory on the newer trucks. I know it can be done on the older trucks so why not

sent from my F-350

4. 2011F150

Well i wanna check and see if the acessory plug is there from stock or if i am going to have to go the long route and basically tap everything which i've done on things before just not a 9 month old truck with 31000 miles on it lol thanks for the reply though. I plan to do it for sure just depends on what all it intells on how long i have to wait.

5. UtahFord

UtahFord FFS best looking guy

Ya sorry man defiantly keep us informed to what you find

sent from my F-350

6. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

I know it's been done a few times on the 04-08 trucks. If you can find the whole console with cables for sell that would be the easier route to take

7. AKBray907

AKBray907 SUPER *********.

Why do you want to do the swap? Seems like alot of time an money for minimal effect ?

8. AKBray907

AKBray907 SUPER *********.

also you do that an you can kiss your 60k warranty on the tranny bye

9. 2011F150

Yeah im not worried about a 60K warranty it will be out in another 8 months im at 31000 and im doing about 3000 miles a month just to work and back and its actually extended for everything else to 75K but that doesn't matter ill fix anything that happens myself anyways and run warranties through my dads PM business.

The main reason i want it is i love the console shifter i know a lot of guys prefer the other way around but i just like the look i guess i wanted the 2011 charcoal grey FX4 but it was like 4500 more and it wasn't worth it.

I will also be adding in the rear air vent lines to have AC in my back seat which with soon to be 3 children in the back seat will be extremely nice. Plus biggest reason its an excuse to work on my truck that strangely enough my wife agreed too already, no goin back now if ya follow me. lol

10. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Where there is a will there is a way. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2