Explorer- 4.0 vs 4.6

Discussion in 'Explorers - Expeditions - Excursions - Broncos -Es' started by Bdons-SD, Dec 13, 2012.

1. AKBray907

AKBray907 SUPER *********.

Yea. 4.0, eddie bauer with a third row. got it for right around 8k. We got it for my little bro when he gets his license but my dad drives it alot because he said sometimes its nice to have a smaller vehicle than his truck in parking garages. And I'd say almost 50/50 highway and city driving. It's got 97xxx an original plug an everything. Getting ready to do a tune up soon, got the stuff but gonna let my little bro do it an ill help him so he can learn some things about cars.

2. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

:waytogo:

Yeah Jarrett with two T's, go push your Chevy propaganda else where :hunter:

3. AKBray907

On a side not the 4.0 is a lot easier to work on, I can take some pics when they get back from takin it to the airport but they're Is lots of room around the engine, you an get to all the plugs an everything no problem

4. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

My 4.0 in my ranger I had was a b word and a half to work on. Plugs took almost as long as my f150. I know its a we bit different, I'm no saying ill rule out a 4.0 if I find a nice one. I think I'd prefer the power of the 4.6 though.

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

5. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Jparrott knock that nonsense off.
    Also forgot to mention mines 4wd
    sent from area 51

6. AKBray907

Ill take some pics for you later, I was surprised how well it was laid out.

7. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

Im just stating facts from experience. When I buy an SUV (If I do..probably not) it would be an excursion....ish. :

[​IMG]

2012 Ford Excursion by Custom Autos by Tim Guthrie, Oklahoma - YouTube

no way would I buy a GM. ^^ that conversion costs= price of the truck (you buy it) and you gotta send it to them for the mods, 36k, so your gonna spend atleast 80-100k on it...I dont think Bdidditly has that kind of dough.

8. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

he already said he doesnt want an excursion nn

9. joh408

joh408 Full Access Member

Ex gf has a 4.6 explorer. Can't remember the year, I think 05 possibly. Fun suv to wheel around. Liked it better than my moms v6 4runner but iirc she gets around 17 mpg and my mom got 20
    Edit: highway mpg for the most part

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  10. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

I want an excursion.. Wife doesn't ba ha! :jester: it'd be bad ass to have an 7.3 excursion matching my truck. But parking the biatch with two kids at the wal mart is not something i want to make her do ha ha. I know what it's like, I'm sure vano can chime in on the parking since he's joined the land yacht club. Of course he has those magic coils in the front for turning ha ha.

Jarrettttttttt, that's chump change to me! Ill finance one of them as soon as I get my next wel fare check :jester:.

I'm reading low twenties for mileage on the edges, she likes the look of it best, seems to get the best mileage out of the 3, but its also the most expensive ha ha. maybe ill have to search some more forums when i get home tonight. In sure I'm not the only one comparing the 4.0 to the 4.6.

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012