getting new tires

Discussion in 'F-250 and F-350 Wheels and Tires' started by ssgjohnson, Mar 4, 2012.

1. ssgjohnson

ssgjohnson I'm Awesome!

well, its not on my terms, but im going in on monday to order some new tires for the 250. My son was trying to climb up the side of the bed and apparently stepped on the valve stem... all 40 lbs of him broke it off. scared the ish out of him!

so we decided to take a personal loan and just get some new meats. I'll be keeping the 18" welds but we are going to wrap them in the 37/14.50/18 toyo MTs. I thought about ordering the 38's, but im nervous about it not fitting and having to go through the whole process again.

anyway... i'm about half upset and half excited. 4WP here in Tampa does a good job of taking care of their military customers, so hopefully i get hooked up nice.

2. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Thats some big meats for sure! Can't wait to see them bolted on

3. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

I hear that bro! I am dreading my next set. Gonna go 37/12.5R20 or 38/12.5R20 haven't decided. Got to add bilsteen 5100s and a add a leaf to get them to clear!

J.Wal

4. ssgjohnson

ssgjohnson I'm Awesome!

sweetness! yeah, i just re-read my "cart" on the 4WD and they are 37/13.50s... thats gonna be no bueno for this guy. i need at least a 14 inch wide tire for the hawaiian wifey to be happy. so im going to see if they can order them wider. i need to call them back and see if they know enough about the leaf sprung superduties to tell me if they believe a 38 will clear on a 6 inch lift... if they can assure me they feel it will clear, ill have them go with the 38s. if i had a little more wiggle room financially, id go ahead and get that three inches of lift i had mentioned before and run some 40s, but now just isnt the time (im going to use whatever is left over from the loan to surprise the wife with a new wedding set...shhhh)

5. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

i don't think a 38 will clear, especially a 14.50 :think: on 8 inches yes but 6 inches i don't think so. you might be better off with the 37/13.50

6. ssgjohnson

ssgjohnson I'm Awesome!

yeah, i just got off the phone with my broseph who also rocks the 250. he basically said that i can run the 38 if i do a bunch of trimming and cutting, wich is not something im really interested in doing.

7. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

Its always fun getting the new tires, the part thats not fun is having to pay for them. I'd say get you some 36-15.50 mtz. Great tires from what ive read about them, and i personally think those 36'' tires look great on your truck. But also if you are planning on going bigger lift wise i'd say just go ahead and get the bigger meats. Thats my .2 cents. But either way there gonna look killer on your truck.

8. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Stick with 37 s and make sure to take pics when your done

sent from my droid

9. KingRanchDiesel

KingRanchDiesel Full Access Member

wow those tires are gonna look real nice...can't wait to see them on the truck!

10. ssgjohnson

ssgjohnson I'm Awesome!

well, i'm not sure what you guys all pay around your parts, but after two days of calling and working pricing and playing the military card, i got a shop to do them mounted, balanced with high pressure stems for 1800 out the door, including taxes. i played two 4x4 shops and a regular tire place against eachother for the better part of 12 hours and thats what i came up with. I head to Twisted Metal Offroad at 1300 tomorrow to get them.