Hella 500/700 HID retrofit

Discussion in 'Member's Videos' started by 01f1502wd, Mar 5, 2013.

1. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

I saw, thanks!

2. nflfreak43

nflfreak43 Full Access Member

If it's in a non-hid housing... I break check the **** out of people who have HID's in halogen housings.. It's blinding... A hazard on the road at least

Sent from my iPhone using Ford Power

3. AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER Got Snow?

So you create an even bigger hazard because you can't stand a little light? Just pull over and let them go by if it bothers you that much.

As someone with HIDs in a non-projector housing, I'll be the first to admit some peoples lights are incredibly irritating. Has more to do with how they are aimed than the housing though. Although fluted lenses are usually pretty bad regardless.

However, I'm blinded just as frequently by some projector housings. Again, depends how they are aimed.

You don't gotta be a D about it though.

Also, if I get brake checked for my lights, I WILL light you up with everything I've got.

Again, don't try to cause an accident just because you don't like headlights. Mirrors are adjustable, and pulling over is a pretty simple thing to do.

PLUS the lights Jarrett posted aren't even normal headlights, they are AUX for when no one is around.

Wish I had your retrofit skills Jarrett. :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  4. nflfreak43

nflfreak43 Full Access Member

I understand that.. But it really doesn't matter how well you aim HID's in a halogen housing.. The HID's produce a different light pattern and being in the wrong housing is blinding..

Period end of story..

And yeah I'm a dick about this 1 thing cause if you do something you need to do it right.. Not halfassed..

Sent from my iPhone using Ford Power

5. 01f1502wd

how did this even get to a headlight arguement??

LOL

I dont use these lights on normal roads where there is other people, the pictures when Im on a road with them on you will see theres no one in front of me. I have had HIDs in my headlights, but took them out as on asphalt they didnt shine nearly as good as regular halogens. my new headlights should be in tomorrow, and ill be doing that write up probably tomorrow hopefully.

6. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

idk i have my hid's properly aimed and have never gotten flashed. i've even had my headlights on, in the street and drove towards my truck in my moms car. it ain't that bad :shrug: i guess some people are just overly sensitive. butttt i'm still doing a retrofit because i want a better spread of light. maybe J boner can give me some pointers :waytogo:

7. 01f1502wd

You doin this retrofit in your off road lights or headlights? Ill have the headlights one up in a couple days :D

If I've ever offended you, just know from the bottom of my heart, I really don't give a ****.

8. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

[​IMG]

:poker:

I have HIDs in my 6" spot lights, just redrilled the back and siliconed them in there. Working good so far. Any more lights I get will be HID converted also, need to order some H3 bulbs for my KCs eventually.
    The only ones I'm not going to do are my Lightforce, I like them coming on immediately without any warm up time. And a 9" halogen is still a shizton of light :jester:

9. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

headlights, in the next month or so. FX-R 3.0 not your led thing haha. still wana do 3k hids in my piaas like i said though

10. 01f1502wd

I want some 9" lights......... :rockit:

:yaoface2: