I hate philips head screws more than anything in the entire world.

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by AK SNO RIDER, Apr 16, 2011.

1. AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER Got Snow?

I have always hated philips screws. I can't even count the amount of times I have put a screw bit into my finger because the bit slips off of the worthless piece of **** philips head. This time the damn things have crossed the line, and I will be going out of my way to never go near them again as long as I live.

Spent two days building a new sub box to fit my truck and new sub. Sub just got here today...a Kicker CVR 12". Was installing it in the box and the stupid little bit slipped off the screw and goes straight into the gasket of the sub. I now have a nice hole clean through my brand new sub. Theres $150 down the drain...:censored::flame:

I cant honestly say I have never been this mad in my life, and it would probably be easier to list off the things around the house that I didn't kick, punch, or throw.

I have emailed Kicker about having it repaired if possible, and how much it would cost. I don't expect a response until at least Monday though, and I am sure it will be at least 3 weeks to have it repaired.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  2. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

I love philips heads...its the flathead screws that annoy the daylights out of me. the edges of the screwdriver is sharp and ive cut myself several times. sorry bout your sub dude

3. AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER Got Snow?

Been reading around the net and many people recommend sealing the hole up with silcone. Anyone done this, or have any ideas on how it would work?

I hate flatheads too, but I almost never use them. I really love Torx screws. Never slip, never strip. They just work so much better.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  4. supercrewzn

supercrewzn Full Access Member

Id be willing to bet that the problem is the wrong size bit. There is 3 different size phillip heads... I have never had a problem with them.

5. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

oh yeah i forgot bout that. there are different sizes, that always helps to get the one that fits correctly into the slots

6. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

I disagree, Phillips heads screws are a ton better then flat head.

There's possibly places locally that can replace that band around your sub cheaper then buying a new one. Good luck dude, that sucks.

7. AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER Got Snow?

The bit is a 100% perfect fit. I just have a tough time with philips for some reason. Even being a carpenter, and using the things all the time, I have never gotten good with them.

8. supercrewzn

Try torx bits.

9. AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER Got Snow?

Post #3 expresses my love for Torx bits. I think I will stop by the local audio store and see what they can do for me. I wasn't sure if it was something they could replace but I guess it's worth a shot.

10. supercrewzn

I didnt re-read that post from where you edited it.