IBF150 Picture Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ibf150, Jan 21, 2013.

1. AKBray907

AKBray907 SUPER *********.

For a stock susp truck coil overs are over kill. Go with some bilsteins

2. ibf150

ibf150 Full Access Member

I'd rather run a coil over than the bilsteins. I have the long bilsteins on my truck and I think they ride like crap compared to the factory strut with the spacer.

3. AKBray907

Something ain't right with yours then haha. Coil overs are way overkill unless you're running a sweet susp

4. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

I thought you had some custom struts set to 7.75"? my 6" bilsteins run amazing compared to when i had the stock strut with 2.5" HBS. something isn't right

5. Tradesman

Tradesman Full Access Member

My truck is mainly a pavement princess and heavy hauler. My trailer weighs 8,000lbs loaded, although it's rated for 10,000lbs. I have anywhere from 150lbs to 1,200lbs of construction material in the bed at all times. My truck will never see the dirt unless necessary, it's too expensive of a business tool to use for recreational purposes.

Getting back to shocks, one of the reasons I was considering coilovers is because I'm planning on replacing my suspension shortly. Not like it's in my budget at the moment, but I'll be adding Firestone Ride Rite airbags with an on-board compressor to help with the loads. My rear leaf springs are toast from overloading, so I'll be replacing them with custom springs that are 4+1 rather than my current 3+1. As far as the fronts and rear dampers go, I did look into Bilsteins before but I don't like the thought of keeping the original spacers and springs. I would prefer a full on replacement of the entire assembly, and the $1,600 package from Icon Vehicle Dynamics is a decent price to me. The Kings, on the other hand, are nearly double the price at a little over $3,000. I haven't priced out Fox just yet as they have so many lines it's a little confusing.

Anyhow, not to steal the thread away, but keep posting great pics of these custom trucks. Specifically the Fords. I don't care much for Chevys after '98! :)

6. AKBray907

If you're gonna run airbags there is no point in coil overs, airbags are gonna ride rough when you air em up. So will the 4 pack springs. $1600 is ridiculous for what you're wanting the vehicle for. You'll have coil over front an the rear will be super rigid, it'll ride like a tank an there is so many better ways to spend $1600 bucks

7. Tradesman

Tradesman Full Access Member

Thanks for the heads up brother, I don't know f**k all about aftermarket suspension upgrades, at least when it comes to trucks.

My front and rear shocks are showing their age, and my leaf springs flattened out a bit after being overloaded. What I'm planning is a heavy duty upgrade to 4+1 or 5+1 leafs in the rear, delete the factory rear blocks, add Firestone Ride Rite airbags with an onboard compressor, and then decide on which brand shocks front and rear to go with.

8. ibf150

ibf150 Full Access Member

Haven't been on here in a while but here is an update.

[​IMG]

Hoping to finally finish the doors this weekend.

[​IMG]

9. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

Love that truck. The leds on the bar look amazing with the heads

10. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

Yeah they round LED lights do look good with the matching set of heads. Trucks lookin good as usual. Last time I saw pics you were trolling dem f15dy boyz lol