Looking at a used 2009 Raptor 5.4, what to check for?

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by mroski, Nov 6, 2015.

1. mroski

mroski Junior Member

Hi guys I'm new around here.

I am currently looking at a used 2009 Ford F150 SVT Raptor with 40.000 kms on the odometer at a dealer in a nearby city.

I would like to hear your experience about what to check for.

I'm specially concerned about verifying that the mileage (in kms ) is correct and hasn't been modified as 40.000kms for a 2009 truck doesn't sound very legit to me although it's possible and would be really good of proved to be true.

Is it possible to modify the odometer reading in these trucks?
    Should I be concerned about this?

Thank you!!

2. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Welcome!

Its pretty hard to change the mileage on the newer trucks. The only way to do it is have a dealer reflash or change out the entire gauge cluster.

I would look at the skidplates for damage and the frame behind the cab to see if it has been bent at all. That would give a good indication of how hard it was used off road. Also check the bed for damage from carrying a heavy payload.

Why is the truck being sold? How many owners? Was it used as a truck or a status symbol?

Pics would help a lot as well.

3. mroski

mroski Junior Member

Hi, thank you!

I didn't have the chance yet to go take a good look at it, I've just seen it at the dealer's showroom.

I will check what you say and if possible take some pictures of the truck to post here.

What you say about the odometer confirms what I thought and so makes this truck a really interesting choice to me.