Looking for the perfect project

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion for all Generations' started by Eternalgreed, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Eternalgreed

Eternalgreed Junior Member

Ok. So I've been looking around for the perfect project truck and have came up with a list I would like it to have, but am having problems finding a truck that matches up. I'm new to this whole forums stuff so you might have to work with me. I could use some help to find a truck that has

1) 4x4
    2) Deisel
    3) dual fuel tanks
    4) crew cab
    5) older than 1990
    6) fifth wheel/ or atleast tow package

So thats it. I think the closest i found was the "f series 8th generation" It dosnt have to be ford but would kinda like if it was.
    Haha ok so am I asking to much?

2. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

Early to mid 80s you have the 6.9 then I think in 87 they switched to the 7.3, both non turbo. There's no factory turbo until 94 I think, maybe 93. The crew cab part might be a little harder to come by, those didn't really get popular until the mid to late 90s. Not saying you won't find them, but you'll find plenty of super cabs.

Everything else doesn't seem like you're asking too much, it all really depends on what you plan on doing with it, they're all solid trucks/motors, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. gruesomesurfer

gruesomesurfer Full Access Member

It also would depend on your budget. Have you tried checking out car gurus?

4. Eternalgreed

Eternalgreed Junior Member

No, havent tryed car guru. Id like to in the long run convert to run off of waste vegetable oil. Which is why id like dual fuel tanks and also be diesel would make it easier to convert. And add a aux battery to run a light bar,aux lights,flood light, and/or electric wench.(not all at once of course) people usually look at me like im crazy when i mention wvo conversions.

5. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

It's not that crazy ha ha. There's kits available. I imagine with an older Idi diesel it would be much easier than with the newer ones.

I was just asking because if you were looking to make a powerhouse tow rig or something I would opt for a newer turbo diesel, just more power that's easier to reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk