Might be buying another fixer!

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by Bdons-SD, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

So any updates? Curious on how this is going?

2. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

I've just been waiting for a good time to haul it home. My buddy and my sister started dating like 2 years ago, they live together with my dad. (Long financial story, mostly has to do with before my mom passed, medical debt, at home care, etc...) so the jeep is already being stored with my family, it's not going anywhere ha ha. our flatbed equipment trailer has been on site this last week. On top of that I've been finishing up the grading and gravel in my new driveway so I literally have had no where to put it until like 2 days ago.

I've been trying to track down tires for it before I bring it home, I had some lined up but it fell through. I'm going to borrow a buddies winter wheels and tires from his ranger as rollers until I find some. I'm probably going to bring it home sometime this week. My buddy is still tracking down the title, looks like he lost it in his move. Who the hell loses a title? Anyway, I'm going to write up a bill of sale and he's filing for a lost title, he should get it in about 2 months, then he will give it to me. I won't have a title for about 4 months so I'm not in any HUGE hurry. I haven't given him any cash yet so it's not a big deal. It will be mine, I'm just doddling.

The only thing I've done so far is try to track down some parts on CL. I've found some that will work but I'm going to take my time and find exactly what I need, ideally I'd like to find someone parting out a yj.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Shaggy

Would you by the whole yj if it was going for a decent price?

4. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

That sounds like two fixer uppers.

5. Bdons-SD

I doubt it. I only need a few parts. I just got my yard finished up and my wife already isnt too keen on having a fixer upper in the driveway, she'd probably shoot me if brought home two. The yard is finally looking nice after a long year of mud, dirt, and dust. She finally has the nice yard she wants, a jeep isn't her idea of yard art ha ha. She's cool with the project though, she knows I always need something tinker on as long as it's tucked away nicely and not in a million pieces rusting away.

6. Shaggy

So what parts are really needed? Does your buddy have a list or do you already know?

7. Bdons-SD

I already know, just because I helped him build it, and we took my truck and trailer out to recover it when the police found it. It needs a new fuel line, I could splice it but I figured I would just replace the whole thing, new turn signal switch, new ignition on the column, new steering column casings, new tires, new stereo HU and a new rear section for the soft top. That's all the bare minimum. It could use a few other things but doesn't need them to be sold or drive . The only thing I don't know for sure about is the oil leak. It doesn't leak while it's just sitting, only when it's driving and it only leaks to a certain point. And it blows out something fierce right around the dip stick. Once it hits about 1qt low it quits spewing. I'll have to do some homework on that and figure out the problem but it doesn't seem like anything huge.

8. Shaggy

Some seals maybe bad. Hope not. That's not to bad of a list. The column might be the must difficult things to replace but not that bad. No as long as you can make a profit on the sale(if you sell it) its all good. :cheers2:

9. Bdons-SD

That's the goal. I know for sure I'll get what I put in to it back. So worst case is I crunch a few knuckles and waste some money on beer. It'll still be fun to work on it.