My official review for the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by backwoodscountryman, Feb 22, 2011.

1. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

So this review is for anybody who are looking for new tires.This is my review of them and my real world use with them.I have been waiting to post this review till i got use them in all Major weather environments and yesterday was that day.

Mine are 315/70R17 mounted on my stock rims inflated to 43 PSI.Real heavy tire.Sorry don't know the Ply off hand.Love the looks of them.Are in my opinion a nice looking agressive tire for an A/T.

Now when it came to road noise.With window down and no music,noticeable.Other than that.Not at all to me.

Now i do love my mudding.I do allot of it and have done allot of it with these tires and i have to say they have far exceeded my expectations.Very nice self cleaning.Nice large lugs.I have taken her thru some decent size ruts and pits and each time have come thru just fine.Have also mudded them in 2WD and they grip and sling the mud getting me thru.For an A/T tire i would strongly recommend these.

Now when it comes to gravel and alittle rock crawling.They do there job awesome when aired down.I went over some nice size jagged rocks and very puncture resistant.With loose gravel feels secure and around turns at 40plus on loose gravel felt good and secure.

Now when it comes to Dry pavement traction.Very solid grip on pavement.Nice stopping.Good break-off from a dead stop.Overall they feel very solid and secure on dry pavement.Around corners,again,nice solid and secure feel to them.

Now onto wet pavement from rain.Here is my gripe with them.They stop awesome and handle very good in the rain and again feel very secure when driving in the rain.They stop good in the rain also.However when taking off from a dead stop,they like to spin until getting grip.And know i do not floor it from a dead stop.I like to be able to take off on wet pavement with spinning.

When it comes to snow and traction in it.2WD great.Again,keeps traction nice and feels very solid and secure when driving in the snow and the slush.Also very nice stopping in the snow and the slush.All this but in 4wd.Even better.However i didn't feel a need to use it that much in the snow.Now when it came to playing in the snow and busting thru some snow berms.Tires were great.Oh yes,also clean very well in the snow and the slush and loved seeing snow and the slush being kicked up from the backwheels:peace:

Now for the last two days we got about a inch of sleet and freezing rain.I think they handled very good in a straight line and around turns.Stopping felt good and taking off with some spin and when she finally did bite,got me and the girlfriend going and felt good.

Now when it comes to free way driving,felt good of course.However there was some wheel hop at about 60 plus on the freeway say when you take a turn over a new piece of road.Took some getting used to,but i did.

Now as far as tread wear.And since taking them in the mud and speeding on gravel roads,tread wear is very minimal.If you looked at them you couldn't even tell the tread was down.I have had them since May of last year,2010.

Now this is just my review of them and thot i would share it.Other's opinions may differ.I would def recommend this tire.You would def get your money's worth,You will have fun playing with them off road and they will last you along time.I highly recommend these if you guys are in the market now,or will be at some point.Since May i have out about 19thousand miles on these babies and expect to go well into the 50-60k range.

Before these i had the BFG A/T's T/A KO's in the same size and were OK.However they weren't rated for severe snow and it really showed.The Duratracs are rated with the mountain/snowflake symbol and you will notice why they rated very good when it comes to severe snow/weather conditions.Anybody have any questions please ask.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

I love the look of these tires. Thanks for the awesome review! Do you know if they come in 35/12.5r20s?

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk.

3. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

thanks for the write up dood

4. DarkShadowSTX

DarkShadowSTX the "brat"

Thanks for the review. May be a good candidate for me when my stockers finally go bald.

5. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

:peace:

6. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

You used sentence structure and everything ....there is such things as miracle's :jester:
    Spelling still needs work but hey good try :D

For real tho thanks for the write up :waytogo:

7. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

Great review. Brings them back as an option when my stockers kick the bucket.

8. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

I'm not showing them in that size on tirerack.com.I will do more searching.

And yes miracles to happen Abe.I even used spell check also.Dam:batman2:

Yes they would be a great tire to look at when you guys are in the market for new tires.

If anybody things i missed anything in the review,please let me know and i will fill it in.

9. DarkShadowSTX

DarkShadowSTX the "brat"

Just saw a set on a Bronco today at Home Depot and they really are nice looking tires. :waytogo:

10. wtdeerhunter93

wtdeerhunter93 Full Access Member

Good review. Glad to know theyre good tires cause Im thinkin bout buyin some of em in 33x12.50 this summer. A girl at my school has 33x12.50 duratracs on her jeep and they look pretty badass.