Need some info with possible regearing

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by Taylor_allen92, Nov 15, 2013.

1. str8t six

str8t six never enough

OP, 4.56 should work just fine for you. 4.88's would give you more pep off the line and better city driving. you might even want to consider 4.30 gears if youre just going to run 35's.

i recently got 12.5 mpg with my truck towing the jetta and was going between 60-65mph with my 4.88's and 35's.

how are your temps that high while you are driving at 60mph?

2. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

Thought they were pretty normal.

Coolant around 198 today.
    Tranny around 130-140 today.
    30 degrees out.

3. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

The temps you mentioned look good. The Livewire shows a trans temp of 173* though :0

4. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

This is after I had my transmission rebuilt with all cooling system flushed and new fluid throughout. Its not too much higher than my buddy's 02. I think 35s might have something to do with it but idk because i have 4.56s...

Its a whole lot better than when my radiator was covered in a layer of mud :jester:

Attached Files:

5. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

Can you turn down the idle? my new Edge CS cant, I can only turn it up :(

but my old Edge Evolution could, I dropped that sucker so much it sounded like it had a cam and all my lights would dim and accelerating was horrible till I actually got some speed up...but it sounded awesome

6. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

i might raise up my idle to about 850. that's when the ticking stops :jester:

7. Taylor_allen92

Taylor_allen92 Full Access Member

Those livewires are awesome, one of my favorite features is adjusting the idle rpms, I want one so bad! I should be ordering the 4.56s in about a week, but for now I pulled the upper and lower intake so that I could finally plug my cylinder head temp sensor back in (the pigtail for the sensor was trapped under the lower intake from when I did my motor swap and didn't want to pull to hard and rip the connector off leaving it trapped under the intake). But I finally have all of my gauges working again!! A buddy of mine said that that should help with gas mileage a little, apparently the computer thinks that the motor is over heating so it wouldn't send power to the A/C compressor (bypassed the relay and forced power to compressor so I could have A/C) and I would believe that the computer would send less fuel to the motor if it thinks its over heating? Or would it not change at all? Not quite sure how the computer reacts to that, but I know it needed to be done for various other reasons. I still have a knock sensor unplugged on the back side of the motor and should be able to plug that in with ease once the motor has cooled off a bit.