New member, 01 expedition from Canada

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by northernexo, Oct 19, 2015.

1. northernexo

northernexo Junior Member

Hello everyone,

My name is mark I live in Winnipeg Manitoba and love Ford trucks. we have a long, extremely cold winter up here, and have always depended on my Fords to get me and my family through them.

I have a sports car I drive occasionally in the summer also, but with the rough roads up here it can get very annoying, so trucks are very practical for where I live.

I've always done all the work on my vehicles myself as I really enjoy doing those things, we currently have an 01 expedition xlt with a 5.4 that I got for a measly 1600 bucks, I completely went through the expedition top to bottom, replacing fluids, seals, gaskets plugs coils etc. etc. And did some minor things in order to make it more enjoyable to drive, I recently put on a volant intake which I really like.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  2. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

:welcome: to fordfullsize.com!

Truck looks great Mark.

3. northernexo

Thanks! I just wish it was an actual truck but the vehicle needs to accommodate my family, wife, daughter and 2 big dogs so the expedition covers all those bases very nicely.

I did some looking around before I bought it and after 2002 I don't really like the expedition's very much. The tan interiors, lack of solid rear axle, and I honestly think they don't look as nice as the 97-02s, of course that's my opinion but I just like the way the first gens look.

I really fluked out because this expedition was on sale in the local classifieds for weeks and because it was rural, nobody wanted to take the time to drive out and look at it, which was awesome for me because the truck was mint, it was an ex undercover police surveillance unit that an officer purchased after it was retired from service, he was asking 1895$ , I told him I had 16, 100$ bills with his name on it and he grabbed it. Based on the body condition alone it was worth that price.

Seat covers since new, both rear rows were removed from day one to accommodate their equipment so when they were put back in they looked brand new, it just needed a ton of maintenance, the intake and valve covers as well as oil pan were leaking, needed all new fluids, brakes, shocks plugs you name it I serviced it or replaced it.

One cool thing they left in the truck was light kill switches, depending which switch is activated, I can kill certain or all the lights, even brake lights when you press the brakes, I guess that's handy when spying on people. I like it for camping if I have to pull into a campground late at night I can pull in without getting on everyone's nerves.

The truck just hit the 350,000 km mark and is running stronger and better than ever, and I hope to squeeze a couple more years out of it.

I have gained allot of experience fixing vehicles over the years and look forward to contributing to this site.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  4. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Welcome nice expy

5. northernexo

Thanks guys!!

6. thesman727

thesman727 Full Access Member

Nice looking expedition you got there

Insert tab A into slot B and........pound it with a hammer!

7. northernexo

Thank you!

8. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

:welcome:

I was going to say it looked like an ex-cop car. You need an A-Pillar spotlight to make sure nobody trys anything :D

9. northernexo

Everyone that sees it can tell right away it's an ex service vehicle lol.

I cut some anti fatigue mat today and fit it to the rear, I pulled the panels to get the mat behind everything for a nice fit.

I also threw on some really cheap seat covers, less than 20$ for the pair, I'm not a woodlands camo guy but there aren't any color options.[​IMG][​IMG]

10. northernexo

I really want to find a cargo net that will fit into the 4 spots in the rear to keep stuff from falling out etc. When I open the rear tailgate, but I can't seem to find them anywhere