New radio, this "disease" never goes away!

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Pity7700, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

Got off work early tonight so I decided to freeze my balls off in the garage and put my new radio in.

Bought a Scosche double din dash install kit, Metra 70-5520 harness and a Boss double din with streaming Bluetooth, back up camera capability, plays movies, USB and SD card ports as well as a speaker port to use the radio to make phone calls. Think I paid around $200 for everything.

For the 2010 ( might be other years too) when hooking your wires up from the new radio harness to the Metra harness you have to hook the 12V ACC wire on the radio harness to the ACC wire at your ignition switch. The pin on the Metra harness where the 12V ACC wire is, is a blank port on the factory harness. Everything else on the harness will work properly.

All I need to buy now is a camera and apparently I need an antenna adapter.

Would love to get some speakers and other audio components but don't know where to start.

The only little issue I have is I wish the dash panel looked more factory. The factory panel is textured the new one is smooth.

Attached Files:

2. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

The NVX door speakers i picked up sound really good.

Glad you had an easy change out. I'm stuck to little to no options due to the 4.2" screen...

3. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Crutchfield has had some really good deals going recently. My speakers sound sweet and were under $100 for both of them. Wish i had a little more bass with them though, got me thinking about a subwoofer

4. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

anyone know how I would go about adding a USB port for my dash?

the radio has a USB port on the front but its a mini USB port. to use it I have to use a mini to micro USB adapter that they provide with the radio.

there is a USB port on the back of the radio and would love to wire it into the lower dash panel next to my AUX port so I can just plug a cord into the dash without using the adapter. would make it look more OEM too.

tried searching for a kit or something to install one but couldn't find anything, would this have to be a custom job?

5. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

I would run a short USB cord from the back to your dash, and just notch a little hole for it to fit, epoxy or JBWeld it in there so it doesn't wiggle.

6. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

I was hoping someone made a USB end with plastic clips on it so i could just pop it into a hole.

not sure how good ill be at cutting a square hole out lol

7. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Lol just get a razor blade and do it a little at a time. I bet you could even just drill a round hole and carve the corners out of that.

8. TwentyTenFX4

TwentyTenFX4 Officially has DES

Do you have sync? When I had mine, I did the 2nd USB that's under the dash tray and ran it thru the glove compartment.

9. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

looks real clean!

10. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter