Not build, but a mod thread.

Discussion in 'Under Construction' started by Bdons-SD, May 15, 2011.

1. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

Ha ha yeah. I had to argue with the manager. They were hocking me rims that were discontinued through their warehouse, I don't care, clearance fuel rims, sweet. I was concerned about fitment when he said 0 offset and they they would fit about the same as my -12s since they were a wider rim. I asked him twice if there would be rubbing issues on the leafs since I knew 99-04 usually had at least a -6. But I was able to get the same wheels with a -12 for only $5 more per rim. Hardly a "clearance deal".

They wouldn't refund my $60 for labor on mounting and balancing. I told them they should because if they sold me wheels that fit the first time I wouldn't have had to pay someone else to mount them after he reassured me they would fit. His response was "I didn't say they would fit, I said they should fit." And something about how happy I should be about everything they've done to get my truck back on the road for me, and giving me plenty of options on other rims to special order, like he was doing me a favor. I spent damn near $3000, not like I was a charity case asking for favors that was their job! Ha ha I've written off Schwab all together after this, it's only $60 but that manager was a baby about it. He walked off muttering something under his breathe. He won't see me, my other car, or my 5 trailers in there. Not that Schwab is ever my first choice. I'm still a little upset by it. I hate making a big deal and arguing with the stores, I hate being THAT guy, but in this case I had plenty of reassurance that I was right, even my performance diesel mechanic was like "yeah, that guys full of shat".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

Sometimes you have to be "THAT" guy. I don't go in wanting to be that guy, but if push comes to shove, by God I'll show my ass if need be. :jester:

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

3. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

Best tire experience ever Discount Tire Cleveland TN.
    Never go to NTB.
    Local NWGA Tire will never see me again. Ya buy 8 sets of tires and they act like you could matter less to them

4. Bdons-SD

Discount has always been good to me. They did the same thing to me from the get go, I ordered from them first since Schwabs wheels/tires cost a lot more. The offset was again, wrong but they took them back no problem, and refunded me in full, mounting and balancing included.

5. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Like bama said sometimes you have to be that guy. Always had good luck at discount. They finally opened one up here in town so that's where I will go for my next set. Most tires shops don't care about customers anymore. Oh wait most retailers dont. Customer service is no longer important just had them money.

6. Bdons-SD

I'm noticing this more and more, could be that I'm getting older and more cynical/less naive, but I'm having to be that guy more and more. When I have an issue I'm always walking in to the store or calling customer service preparing for battle ha ha.

7. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

It's the world we live in unfortunately

8. Bdons-SD

When it breaks, upgrade right?! I'm still shopping around for some prices but I've made my decision on injectors, full force 160cc or 180cc, probably with the 30% nozzles.
    http://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-powers...an-injectors/reman-stage-1-injectors-909.html

I'll most likely order them from dp since they'll re-tuner with the purchase. I'm also going to add a 140 hot tune.

I'm also upgrading my fuel pump with an air dog air fuel pump. Still shopping around for prices. But this is what I'll be getting.
    http://m.thoroughbreddiesel.com/store/p/43-AirDog-FP-150-1999-2003-7-3L-Ford.aspx

I'll also be doing glow plugs along with it. Just waiting on the sweet tax return to pull the trigger!

9. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

10. Bdons-SD

Oh! Nice! Yeah, I was just going to pick up some regular plugs, but the harness and gasket kit is even better. Thanks, joe!