R1 Concepts Premium Series Rotors and PosiQuiet Pads

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by TheJoker, Oct 27, 2013.

1. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

Ok, so I attended the recent Havoc in the hills event, which was a Raptor group meeting at Rousch Creek Offroad Park. This was a fund raising event for breast cancer research, which raised $15,000 :party36:.

They had a charity raffle where they raffled off $39,000 of prizes. All of which were donated by the sponsors, Texas Motorsports, Krazy House Customs, Ford Warriors in Pink, etc, etc, I believe there were more than 30 sponsors. Any how, I won some KC Hilites Cyclone LED lights, and some new rotors.

The rotors I won were donated by Chris Kelley, owner of Freedom Motorsports. Chris is Disabled Veteran and a fellow Raptor owner. Also one hell of a good guy!

This is what I have: R1 Concepts Premium Series Brakes, front and rear, these are cross drilled and diamond slotted. If you look at the pics, the front are all black. This is an Electrocoat Rust Protection coating which Chris has them put on all of the PS rotors he sells. The rear rotors should have been coated entirely as well but hey, they were free.

I bought PosiQuiet ceramic pads from Chris as well based on his, and other fellow Raptor owners recomendations. I think that I'm going to wait until spring to install them. My truck is a 2011 so my brakes are in good conditions. I really don't want to install these right before winter.

I'm thinking about tackling this myself, I've never installed rotors, am I better off having them installed by someone that knows what they're doing? What do you guys think?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

It's a snap. Take off wheels, take off brake caliper, tap rotor with small hammer and take it off. Done

sent from my igloo

3. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

The rotors are hub centric, if you have changed brake pads
    before then getting the rotors off and new ones back on should
    be easy.

IDK, does it have a caliper mounting bracket that holds the caliper?
    Looks like it does from this link:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/treypals-raptor-build-prep-4646/index3.html#post78670

Can't be any harder than my Super Duty, the caliper mounting brackets had 200 ft lbs
    torque on the mounting bolts.

http://www.happywrenching.com/ford/f150/ford-f150-front-brake-pad-and-rotor-replacement.html

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  4. AKBray907

AKBray907 SUPER *********.

Yea as the others have said its an easy job, you have a slight delimna being that realistically in everyday driving you won't notice a huge difference with then and if you install them then your other brakes are basically worthless, even if they're in decent shape they're used brakes and would be hard to sell. If it were me and I wasn't needing brakes I'd wait till I needed new brakes to throw then on. Just toss then on a shelf, make sure the rear brakes have some light greasing to prevent rust an you're set. Obviously use brake cleaner after installing . but this is just how I look at the situation

5. TFIDDLE

TFIDDLE VEEEE TEn

Easy process to do and your truck being so new, the bolts should come out fairly easy.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

6. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Easy job. I would wait a bit too until you need new ones but hey its totally up to you. Nice prize btw.

7. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

easy job, i like dannys idea. hard to sell used brake parts. use what you got, put something on them new rotors so they don't rust and throw them on a shelf until you need em. thatll save you some money for sure!