Really need some help on this one...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by BlackThundah, Jan 16, 2014.

1. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

Here goes.... I have a low profile tractor supply toolbox on the back of my truck and the left handle which houses the locking assembly broke. I looked every where and couldn't find a replacement hand anywhere. So I bought one of those bolt lock universal tool box handles that uses your ignition key as the key to the tool box. It fit great and works great, but here's where I'm completely stumped.... There's a thin metal rod that connects the two handles together (Right and left) and when the left handle is pulled it pushes the rod to the right opening the right handle at the same time. Allowing you to open the tool box from either side. Sounds simple right? Wrong! I put the rod back in the same way it came out and now it doesn't work worth a flip. When the rod is in you can't get either handle to budge. Its like both handles are locked, but there not. I even had my dad come out and see if he could figure it out and it stumped him too. I mean it looks caveman simple. But after putting it in, just like it was before I took it out, it still doesn't work! If anybody has a tool box that uses the same mechanism as this, if you could post a picture of how its set up, that would be great. I'll get pictures of my problem tomorrow, but I figured I'd go ahead and get your brains rollen on what the problem might be?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

Ill get you a picture of how mine is set up but idk if its the same I kind of got lost in your explanation lol

3. BlackThundah

haha Thanks dude. I really appreciate it. Its such a weird thing to try and explain.

4. BlackThundah

Finally figured it out. Don't judge me :jester: