Remote Start Question

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion for all Generations' started by Darth Bama, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

Anyone here ever had a remote start installed on your F-150? Have you installed one on an F-150? Thinking about having one installed on Ole Blue :hmm:

2. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

Installed hundreds Bama,
    had my MECP certification,
    but I got out of that rat race in 2002.

3. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

I've look at them, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. i'd get a Viper Smart Start

4. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Had one installed bama and glad I did for the cold days. Won't be disappointed

I have a viper one

5. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

Best Buy has the Viper One installed for $269

6. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

ive installed quite a few, just uninstalled one in my dads 2012 F150 and installed it into his 2014, had it done in about 2 hours. also put one in my brothers wrangler, by far the EASIEST install ever. remote starts are so easy to install on Chrysler vehicles.

looking to get one for my 2010, amazon has python 414 units for around $70 plus about $35 for a bypass module. installed that unit in my moms commander, my dads F150 and allys grand cherokee. nothing fancy, just a basic remote start.

all wiring diagrams can be found on bulldogsecurity.com. joe helped me with my first couple installs (02 mustang and 08 f250) after the first few, they get easy. every now and then I have a few questions about them, they keep coming out with new systems and functions.

the latest one I installed in my brothers wrangler was a python remote start AND bypass module all in one, think its a Python 4x10 unit. ordered a T-harness, plugged it into the unit and the jeep ignition system, wired up the lights and that was it.

one thing that makes these installs a lot easier is getting an XKloader2 (think they now make an XKloader3) it allows you to flash all DE (python, viper, and I believe avital and griffon are DE brands as well) remote start units on your computer. allows you to select functions and download the latest firmwares for specific vehicles.

when I flashed the 4x10 unit, it allowed me to choose which wires had which function, pretty cool but a little confusing at times.

sorry for the long post!

if you know how to use a multimeter and have some electrical knowledge you should be able to install a unit with no problem. just be sure to test all your ignition, ACC, starter and parking light wires before hooking up even though you may have the wiring diagrams that tell you which wire color is what, doesn't hurt to double check before hooking into it!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  7. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

A local audio shop has the Viper remote start installed for $198 right now. I guess that's not that bad of a price then. :hmm:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

8. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Do it bama