SOTA Junk

Discussion in 'F-250 and F-350 Wheels and Tires' started by 6_2Gasser, Feb 22, 2017.

1. 6_2Gasser

6_2Gasser Junior Member

Purchased these rims i believe in July. Shipping got pushed back to 8/10/16. So anywho, finally excited i bought a nice set of rims for my truck since i had Rockstar XDs thats came on them and couldn't stand to look at them anymore. Every time i got out of my truck after driving, which i have a company vehicle and don't drive my truck but maybe a 10-20 miles a day at most and thats not even every day, if the rims were dirty i HAD to clean them off. THEY WERE BRAND NEW! So i always had brake dust built up on my SOTA Scar's. Well, it was probably the 2nd-3rd time i washed the truck and cleaned the wheels that i noticed this weird spider web rust starting. I said eh, if brake dust causes that spotty rust spots on the body of my truck then it'll do it on my rims and it'll wash off once i get more powerful stuff. Well i researched and researched and went with Decon Pro from Chemical Guys, that didn't even take the rust off. i have had the rims ON my truck for roughly 6 months. This rusting started BEFORE ANY WINTER ELEMENTS WOULD TAKE PLACE. Whatever i called SOTA and complained, the guy was super nice so i couldn't get angry with him I'm a pushover. They "don't cover any brake dust damage. If you have damage from brake dust then you haven't gotten it off in time." AM I SUPPOSE TO CLEAN MY WHEELS EVERY SINGLE TIME AFTER DRIVING?! Do y'all do that? Because i don't know a single soul who does. Anyways, let me know if anyone has had these same issues because I'm furious when the guy at SOTA tells me "we have the highest quality wheels out of any other rim manufacturer" and this "brake dust damage" started after 2-3 weeks of install. I am FRIED.

IMG_3354.JPG

IMG_3355.JPG

IMG_3358.JPG

IMG_3359.JPG

2. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

What pads are you using,
    Semi metallic or ceramic low dust?

Wouldn't think rust from rotor material would eat thru powder coating on those "highest quality" wheels.
    Unless it's not powder coating, thus the no rust touching it void warranty.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3. 6_2Gasser

6_2Gasser Junior Member

Honestly I couldn't tell ya! I always get my truck serviced at Ford. Every single time I drive I have dust build up in between the spokes. I don't wash my vehicle and rims every day, let alone every single time I drive. Seems like what you'd have to do to keep this from happening.

4. Roush PSD Interceptor

Def not ceramic or low dust ceramic.
    Ford more than likely is putting standard semi metallic pads in unless you asked for ceramic or "premium pads".

I think ceramic with greatly reduce your dusting issue.

Galaxy S4 Cetane Powered Android

5. 6_2Gasser

6_2Gasser Junior Member

I just order drilled and slotted rotors and new "carbon fiber infused ceramic brake pads" from AutoAnything (30% off the 4 wheel kit). I don't know if the rotors or brake pads are silver zinc plated to resist corrosion but it's one or the other not too sure. Gonna have to try them out and see if it helps out the dust issue. I've read good reviews so I'll put er to the test!
    Thanks Roush!

Roush PSD Interceptor likes this.
  6. Roush PSD Interceptor

Sounds like those zinc coated rotors and carbon ceramic pads will be a great choice.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

7. 6_2Gasser

6_2Gasser Junior Member

I'm sure hopin' Roush! I'll update!

Roush PSD Interceptor likes this.