Tire help!

Discussion in 'F-250 and F-350 Wheels and Tires' started by Venomized, Mar 24, 2013.

1. 6.2

6.2 Banned

Overpriced, and overhyped.

I used to use them as well. Never again lol.

Well, no one will be buying them anymore in a while anyways.

2. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

I don't see how $1000 after tax for a set of 4 35s mounted and balanced is overpriced. My buddy just put some on his ranger, 285 75 17 for $800.

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

3. 6.2

6.2 Banned

its BFG.... all their tires are priced high...

I could get 35" falkens for my truck for $800.
    better tire. and cheaper.

Like i said, i used to be a BFG AT guy as well. swore it was the best tire. Then I actually tried something else, and was pleasantly surprised. and wont run the current BFG AT again.

4. Venomized

Venomized Full Access Member

I have cooper at3 on my f150 and they are a great all around tire but tend to gum up in mud but i love them otherwise. The hankook dynapro MTs I have read good things about as well. May price them out. The SD is a heavy truck so wet weather performane is def a must!

5. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

Bfg ats are the 2nd cheapest discount tire has to offer online in your 35 1250 15, falkens being the first. and with a quick google search they are one of the cheapest. def not "overpriced". especially when you look at toyos being 40 bucks more per tire. The price difference is relatively the same with other common tires sizes looked for on this forum.

for a stock sd rim size, Im not sure what size tire your going with, but with what the haters say aside, the bfg was one of the cheapest AT i could find. I look on the psd forums and most guys say the nitto terragrapps get chewed up pretty easy with the torque from the diesel and towing. I read that the toyo ats last the longest, but come with the price tag, and the bfgs were the best for the value. Ive put about 10k on mine and im just starting to see wear on the "drive tire". probably due for a rotation. My dad has toyo ats on his psd stock and theyre doing pretty good so far, and he tows way more often then I do. My cousin had some cooper discoverers on his stock cummins, he pushed them to 60k he said, balder than bald ha ha. He tows about as much as me, maybe slightly more. Im happy with the all around driveability and wear of the bfg at especially for the value I got.

6. 6.2

6.2 Banned

Sorry, they are overpriced for their performance.

As in, the value isn't there.

7. W.Hirsch

W.Hirsch Yippie-Ki-Yay....

For an A/T I loved my cepek FC2s I had on my F-150. They did great in everything I put them in. They will be the next tire I put on the 250 as well. I would suggest staying away from the pro comps. I had the xtream mts on the 150 and they sucked. And I put the xtream ats on the 250 cause they were on sale and I wish I had spent the extra money at the time and put some good tires on it. I caint even drive in wet grass without locking it in.

8. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

Check out the cooper stt. I almost bought those for my old truck. There a mt and there snow rated I think unlike alot of tires that aren't. Every one seems to love them that has them.

9. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

Dunno what size you are looking for... My Federal MT's have been amzing in every condition the last few years. Rain, snow, dry, mud not even too bad on ice, but any tire is bad on it.

10. joh408

joh408 Full Access Member

Got BFG ATs and they have been great in all weather even snow. Only problem I had was I couldn't make it up a ~30 degree incline on loose dirt when off roading. Keep in mind I'm 2wd.