Tire inflation warning light not shutting off.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by dutchie1973, Jun 11, 2012.

1. dutchie1973

dutchie1973 Junior Member

I just a new to me 2007 F150 4 Door 5.4 Triton 4x4.

My tires say 44 PSI. The truck sticker says 35 PSI inflation pressure.

My Dash board Tire inflation warning light is always on for some reason. I have disonnected the battery to try and reset it. Not sure how to get it to shut off. I have not tried deflating my tires to 35 PSI yet. Not sure if that would be recommended for tires that are rated for 44 PSI.

Anyone with any experience with this snag?

Dutchie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  2. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

so are all your tires at 44PSI or 35PSI?

The sensors are set for what the trucks wants which is 44PSI.

3. dutchie1973

dutchie1973 Junior Member

The tires are at 40 PSI. Can you adjust the sensors?

4. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

As far as I know no you can't. I would put 44 PSI in your tires and see what the sensors say. If they still fail then you got a bad sensor somewhere.

5. DestinationFX4

DestinationFX4 Admanistrator

Are you site those are the stock wheels for your truck and they have tpms sensors in them?

If you don't have the sensors in your wheels then the light will stay on

6. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

No adjusting TPMS systems if I'm not mistaken. Like Nick said, inflate them to 44psi and see if it goes off, if not, you may very well have a malfunctioning sensor.

My wife's Altima is sensitive about the warning code once you get within a pound of the required amount.

7. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

Take it to discount or any tire shop and have them inspect the TPMS sensors

8. Raevsky97

Raevsky97 bagged 97 f150

do u have a spare tire ? there is often a sensor in it aswell

also there is a way to reset all the tires pressure sensors your self with out a shop needed im not sure how it works on ur truck but im sure there is a write up somewhere on google its a simple but kinda time consuming operation but should fix the problem if its not a spare tire thats triggering it

9. Raevsky97

Raevsky97 bagged 97 f150

here looked it up on my firestone work account

youll need this tire pressure sensor magnet | eBay

Sensor Training (Reset Procedure)

NOTE: The tire pressure monitoring system is not affected by wheel and tire rotation.

NOTE: The tire pressure sensor training procedure must be done on a single vehicle, in an area without radio frequency (RF) noise.

RF noise is generated by electrical motor and appliance operation, cellular telephones and remote transmitters, power inverters and portable entertainment equipment.

1.Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    2.Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position three times, ending in the RUN position. Do not wait more than one minute between each key cycle.
    3.Press and release the brake pedal.
    4.Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    5.Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position three times, ending in the RUN position. Do not wait more than one minute between each key cycle.

6.The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if train mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center displays "TRAIN LF TIRE", place the magnet on the valve stem of the LF tire pressure sensor. The horn will sound briefly to indicate that the tire pressure sensor has been recognized by the TPMS module.
    7.Within two minutes after the horn sounds, place the magnet on the valve stem of the RF tire pressure sensor.
    NOTE: If the VSM (TPMS module integral to VSM) does not recognize any one of the four tire pressure sensors during the tire training procedure, the horn will sound twice and the message center (if equipped) will display "TIRE NOT TRAINED REPEAT" and the procedure must be repeated.

8.Repeat Step 7 for the RR and LR tires.
    When the tire training procedure is complete, the horn will sound once and the message center (if equipped) will display "TIRE TRAINING MODE COMPLETE".

10. Old_Skl_Raptr

Old_Skl_Raptr GrandsonOfTheConfederacy

^good info. i was thinking you could inflate tires to 44 psi, then reset your computer by dissconnecting the battery and then it would read as if they had 35 psi