Track bars

Discussion in 'Ford F-250 and F-350 Suspension' started by UtahFord, Dec 2, 2012.

1. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

consistency man

2. str8t six

str8t six never enough

i had mine custom built. i bought some mounting brackets from ballistic fab and had a guy make some up. i think i have like 250 into mine. and they are powder coated.

3. UtahFord

UtahFord FFS best looking guy

Do you have links to parts/supplies

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

4. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    i'm still researching all about 3-links and trac bars so i havent narrowed down all the parts list. I know track bars have a few less components than the 3-link and it would be a good starter welding project for you since if it breaks, you still drive the truck as it is now and just go back and fix your weld. however, you break a 3-link... you might need a tow.

5. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    after much research, i have opted to just purchase an already fabbed up kit. Here is my reasoning:

there is a lot of geometry taken into account to make these work properly w/ the suspension, and I just do not have that kind of programming to manipulate suspension travel and check tolerances. i figure the extra $250 I might end up spending is well worth the knowledge that everything is correct.

the other option is to purchase some pro comp brackets, mount them up, and just fab up the bars yourself. you could save a $100-200 by going that route since they want $250 for the bars, and $180 for the bracket kit. Might be able to do the entire thing for $250 opposed to $500.