What to do to a 4.6?

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by Justbrad, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Justbrad

Justbrad Full Access Member

It sure looked and acted just like what in the roofing trade we called "*****athane" because it was a ***** to work with. And I'm pretty sure the backing on it is just as functional as the aluminum on the fancy stuff. I'll check it at the lumber yard on Monday.

But I will say that the little bit I put on made a big difference. And I'm guessing doing the doors will cut down tire noise too.

2. Justbrad

I was a a bit off on my price. Grace Shield is 1/7 of Dynamat. 225 sq ft for 159.00. Pretty sure it would be just as functional.

3. Justbrad

Sorry. Got off the topic of the 4.6... I'll figure out how to use this forum properly... sooner or later. Acoustic dampening is for another thread.

4. Justbrad

Thomas... as this thread has served it's purpose so well for me just gotta say thank you so much for the awesome advise! My F-150 now runs like it should... and sounds better than I ever even thought it could. Wow... what a joy to drive!

My only problem now is... waiting for January for the cams :) Cheers!

5. Justbrad

The joy of my F-150 purring down the highway and growling up the mountain passes... thanks for the awesome advise guys... it has turned out better than I could have hoped for! My only problem is justifying overhauling it and putting in a nice cam this winter... it's simply running so smooth I have no need to mess with it... for now. Cheers!

6. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

How's the underneath of your truck look? My frame has been sandblasted from the last 8 winters and needs painting. I would recommend getting some POR-15 or similar paint and doing everything underneath to stop any rust or ugliness from starting.