Window regulator replacement

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Jim, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim Junior Member

I'm new to the forum still finding my way around, I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but.....I ordered a new regulator with motor, it arrived yesterday and I am looking at this weekend to make the switch.

2. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    are you looking for assistance in replacing this? wanting to know how to remove the door panel? how to swap out? etc?

3. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

4. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

5. Jim

Jim Junior Member

Yes I saw a video a couple weeks ago that I believe was provided from this forum. It was well done and informative, made the job look easy. I took the panel off before when the motor stopped mid way just to be able to move the window back up. The only temporary thing I could figure out at the time was to pull the armature out of the motor to remove the gear. So I think getting the panel off will not be an issue from memory. I've seen some post that describe cutting section of the sheet metal etc. this seems excessive so was looking for simple non-distructive directions from the forum.

6. TxFx04

you dont have to cut any part of the door. once you get the assembly unbolted it folds in and you can squeeze it through.

7. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

Some people cut up the sheet metal so they dont have to squeeze it in. this in my opinion is stupid as the time it takes to cut the sheet metal could have been spent just fitting that square peg into a round hole :)

welcome to the site. hope you stay awhile. we're always here to help, and joke. :waytogo:

8. TxFx04

i don't see why anyone would take the time to cut it when the H design is collapsable :jester: oh well their truck. I got mine in fine with no problems and no cutting :peace: