Wheel Spacers

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Nitewolf, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Nitewolf

Nitewolf The Big Bad Wolf

Hey guys, i'm starting this thread because a lot of people are interested in wheel spacers but keep hearing the nightmares about them. I'm gonna tell you right now i've been running these spacers for 4 months and no problems yet and i've been kinda hard on the truck while hunting. A lot of people I talk to get those $50-$100 sets of spacers and complain because they broke or it was too much tension on their ball joints. Here is a forewarning!!! if you get wheel spacers, make sure you dont have a ridiculous off set on your wheels because then the pressure on your ball joints WILL be too much. These are pics of the spacers I put on back in October. I bought them for $365 from Fred Goeske at wheeladapters.com. TQ specs is 125 ft lbs and check them periodically to make sure they are still tight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. A7X

A7X Full Access Member

I had a set of 2"ers for quite some time, no problems... rock crawlers run em sometimes... as long as they're not putting your hubs mounting surface 1.75-2" from the center of the wheel you'll be fine...

But I'd just rather have a wheel with the correct BS instead of 10 lugstuds 2" away from eachother creating 2 shear points instead of 1...

Also I see you have hubcentric spacers. I'd like to add that if your wheels are hub centric you need this type which are a little more pricey

3. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

Those are some big ass spacers dude! If you haven't had a problem with those then I can't see the half inchers I'm looking at from Summit being a problem. I think I'll pick those up this weekend. :hmm:

4. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

define ridiculous offset

5. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

I'm thinking any reverse offset wheel.

6. A7X

A7X Full Access Member

Anything over -22 I'd say is pushin it a little that's almost an inch (.86") off the centerline of the wheel...

I've seen people run -44 (1.73") which I thought was huge till I saw what Ryan was runnin, -50 (1.96") woooo that's a huge offset! And may look cool but may stress out ball joints and wheel bearings to the point of premature wear

7. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

great information.

Mike also told me that when you put the spacers on and all tightened down the OE studs shouldnt stick out farther than the spacer b/c when you put the wheel on tight it will cause dents or grooves in the wheel. and thats no bueno. just something to keep in mind when putting them on.

8. Nitewolf

Nitewolf The Big Bad Wolf

ya... no good lol

9. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    I gotta agree w/ Mike on wheel spacers. I've been running a set of 1.5" billet on my truck for over a yr now and no problems. i peel out whenever i can, love to go sideways down a wet road after a turn, and aint scared to run her through some rough roads. never had a problem, and not 1 bolt has ever untorqued itself.

10. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Bigun is wanting to trade me wheels...in order to do this we will have to buy 6x135 to 5x135 and the other way around to make it work. :hmm: I'm not sure I want to go threw the you trouble.....

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk