2004 F150 FX4 SuperCrew Progression Thread

Discussion in 'Member's Truck Photos' started by JLindsay32, Jun 5, 2011.

1. JLindsay32

JLindsay32 Full Access Member

My dad bought this truck brand new in 2004. It was then given to me for my 16th birthday in July 2009. Since then I have done what I could to personalize it for myself. Here's the progression.

This is what it looked like when I got it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first modification was a Black Kobalt Toolbox.

I then added Bushwacker Fender Flares, a ProComp 2.5in Leveling Kit, 17" ATX Artillery's, & 33" ProComp All-Terrains.

[​IMG]

I also used VHT Nite Shade and blacked out my tail lights & 3rd brake light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My next modification was a Bully Dog GT Gas Tuner.

[​IMG]

2. JLindsay32

I then did the Gotts Mod
    Pretty simple, kinda modified it a little bit and made it work. Interested to see how it works out.

Here's most of the parts I used after the picture I realized I needed two more hose clamps and a can of Black Spray Paint.
    [​IMG]
    -12" section of 3" PVC
    -3 Hose Clamps
    -Plumber Putty (or some kind of sealant recommended)
    -Not sure what size it was, but your gonna need a socket to pull the intake off.
    -Black Spray Paint (optional)

First thing I need was disconnect the negative battery terminal.

Next I removed the intake.
    [​IMG]

I took off the part that contracts as well as the part that goes in the fender well.
    [​IMG]

Pulled them apart with the help of some WD-40.
    [​IMG]

I put two cuts in the stock piece that goes into the fender well and put it on my PVC then clamped that.
    [​IMG]
    The reason I did this was because it was much easier than sanding the PVC to make it fit in the OVAL sized hole.

I then used Black Spray Paint (had some high heat in the garage, so I went ahead and used that).
    [​IMG]

I cut the other side down through trial and error by test fitting.

When I got the length right I used the putty to seal it all up.
    [​IMG]
    Wasn't my original plan, but it should work.

I added hose clamps just in case :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Then painted the whole thing black.
    [​IMG]

3. JLindsay32

Put in place and BAM, that's it. I reconnected my battery and was done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also was having a problem with my cowl coming up, not really a mod, but all I had to do was put a screw in it, the screw catches with a piece on the other side and holds it in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JLindsay32

Here is what I have going for my center console.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used a desk organizer purchased from OfficeMax, could also be found at Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc... Took a dremmel to it and luckily it caught just right that it didn't need any other support from the bottom. It lifts right out for full access of the deep center console for storage of larger items.

If anyone is planning on doing this, if you aren't as lucky to get it to just catch the sides. My original plan was to have 4 1"x1" posts, one in each of the corners to support the organizer. Just a quick tip.

5. JLindsay32

Well as some of you might know, I don't really like electricity, nor am I any good with it. I blacked out my tail lights, and it made it nearly impossible to see in reverse. So I wanted to install some back up auxillary lights, but wasn't too sure how to go about it. After reading countless numbers of threads (not understanding most of what I was reading), I found The Light Buster. This is a awesome product. It plugs directly into your 7pin and installation is complete. Here are a few pictures that pretty much can speak for themselves.

this is from 50ft while in Reverse with No Light (No Flash)
    [​IMG]

And this is with the Light Buster again at 50ft in Reverse (No Flash)
    [​IMG]

Here's a shot of the lights (No Flash)
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e65/lilstud333/IMAG0214.jpg

20ft in Reverse (No Flash)
    [​IMG]

20ft in Reverse with Light Buster (No Flash)
    [​IMG]

And a few misc. shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So if your looking for an alternative to hardwiring lights and all the hassle that comes along with it, this product is for you. My only concern is that since it just plugs in to my 7pin someone could easily just steal it by pulling it out. But other than that it speaks for itself.

6. JLindsay32

Alright got it installed, didn't take any install pictures because the guy I bought it from already had the harness wired so it was a simple plug and play. The only modification I did was drill a hole in my Ash Tray to run the iPod and aux cord to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm still learning everything it can do, I'm hoping to add a rear view camera and possibly a bluetooth adapter in the future.

7. jlyoung08

jlyoung08 gumby

looks good man...and a cool version of the gotts

8. JLindsay32

Painted some of the exterior trim today... (Bed Sides, and Lower Valence panel) as well as the tow hooks. It turned out pretty good, I used Krylon Fusion Flat back and sprayed a UV resistant clear over the top of it. I'm not sure if I like it 100% but it looks way better than it did. No before shots, but here is the after.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I plan on doing the mirrors, handles, and the wiper cowl as well. Does anyone know how to remove the wiper cowl or the frill from the surround?

9. JLindsay32

A few new pictures from today after I cleaned it up a bit...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. JLindsay32

Dropped an Optima Deep Cycle (Yellow Top) in yesterday because my cell had died on my old battery and I figured why not upgrade. I also got my light bar from CARR on and 4 55W lights wired and mounted as well. I had planned to do a write up, but I forgot to take pictures along the way. I'd be more than willing to help anybody who plans to do something like this so feel free to ask questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And as a side note, I should have my Tow Mirrors from Tasca_Josh on and a Ranch Hand Summit Bullnose front end replacement by then end of the week. I'll keep everyone posted.