03 F-150 5.4 engine swap questions!

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by C Denny Run*, Nov 14, 2015.

1. C Denny Run*

C Denny Run* Full Access Member

Sorry it's been so long, but here's the update: Using the wrong TC ground up my front trans pump, which sent shavings all through the valve body. I took it to a trans shop, and $3100 later, I have my truck back. All in I have $4700 wrapped up in this, all due to a leaky intake manifold. If you have a plastic intake, I would recommend replacing it with a new one.

On the upside, the doner motor runs like a dream, and I have a rebuilt trans. Not much to worry about now. It's really incredible to have my truck back, and I'm a happy guy! Now I just need to recover financially, and everything will be back to normal.

Chris

2. C Denny Run*

Also, for those that don't know; it takes about 7 hours to replace the intake manifold, and new spark plugs. If you just replace the spark plugs, it can take up to 5 hours if it's your first time. The manifold was $150ish from Summit, and came next day with free shipping (they are several states away from me). The Summit manifold comes with a built in gasket, no need to buy one. I didn't know that and bought one..

I replaced several of my vacuum lines while I was at it, as they were dilapidated, and would have caused problems in the near future. A lot of this I would have never seen if I hadn't replaced the intake. It turns out the vacuum lines aren't rated for fuel, which is lame as schit, because anything EGR related deals with unburnt fuel (the whole purpose of the EGR system). If you choose not to replace your plastic intake, at least take some preventative measures, and take a close look at your vacuum system. It could keep you on the road when you really need it!

Chris

Roush PSD Interceptor likes this.
  3. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

Glad you got it taken care of, man! I've always had good luck with summit! They're my go to, they're shipping is almost always next day, or 2 day even though it says standard shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Denny Run* likes this.
  4. C Denny Run*

Word! Summit impressed me. Not common for an online experience!

Chris