1992 F-250 4x4 Build Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ksingltn, Jun 16, 2011.

1. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

:ROFLJest:

2. ksingltn

ksingltn Full Access Member

I work for the Civilian Marksmanship Program, right now we are holding week long rifle camps for junior kids at Camp Perry.

3. ksingltn

Found these looking through my phone, I got a parts truck for mine a while back, with a 7.3 in it, and it had a dead cylinder, so I got it cheap. Well, I found out why I had a dead cylinder. Dunno how it happened, intially suspected broken glow plug, but the plug was in good shape.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ksingltn

wont be for a couple months yet, but I'm looking for a set of 285 75 R16's to put on this thing, new or used, prefer some sort of all terrain, though a mud terrain is not out of the question. Need a D load range minimum, but would prefer an E. If anyone is planning to upgrade soon or has a set laying around, I would be interested.

5. ksingltn

ordered some of these 194 LEDs, going to replace my dome lights and possibly my turn signals. Will post a review when I get it done. Also ordered my spotlight install kit, so I will put my Unity S6 on the pillar like my explorer had.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  6. KingRanchDiesel

KingRanchDiesel Full Access Member

thats a beautiful truck man. I've always wanted to have a spotlight. Either like youre doing it or i thought about putting one of those remote spotlights on the roof or the hood, seen some trucks that had them.

7. ksingltn

Thanks, I really liked having the one on my explorer, so I'm going to put it on this one too. You can buy a used one off fleabay for $65-$80, and the install kit is $50.

Here is a pic of an 08 with one on it, as well as a couple of 99-04's
    2008 F-250

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  8. KingRanchDiesel

those look great. Is the install easy because it looks like a major pain....im assuming you have to drill thru the mirror on my model or no? haha idk if its too much too ask but you wouldnt be willing to post some pics of the install or maby some before after pics right? id praise you if you could do that hehe

9. ksingltn

Yeah its not a problem, I was planning on doing that anyway, doing a writeup as I went. Here is a picture of a a Police f-350 with one, you can see how it comes above the mirror. Yours will mount to the door, mine will go through the pillar as they have alot of design differences. I've put a link to the home page for Unity as well as their install kit guide.

Unity USA

Install Kit Application Guide

10. KingRanchDiesel

thanks a lot. Im looking into new tires and rims and some blocks right now but the spotlight will definitely come!! stupid front tire is losing air...