2.5 Ton Rockwells to my 2006 F-150?

Discussion in 'Lifted' started by backwoodscountryman, Apr 21, 2011.

1. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Why?Dude there Rocks.Enough said:waytogo:

Really tho.Would be a cool project if everything matched up.Also the structural durability i would have off road is a big plus.Yes i could straight axle the front.Still wouldn't come close to the structural durability of of my stock axles.Or am i wrong on that

And like ol white said.Basically would be half tractor/half truck.I can also lift it cheaper than any ifs out there.Again tho,would be a project to start come this summer.Ya i would be without a truck for abit.But i can always drive the other car.

I called the guy just now and asked how many he had.He has close a hundred of them.He said come take a look at them anytime.He also owns the Military depot re-sell shop next door.So i can do my research.Make sure it will work with minimal snag.Gather any additional parts that i may need.Have it all ready and start work on the transplant.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. mustangwarrior

mustangwarrior Full Access Member

the thing about just puttin rocks under your truck is usually they four link and build tube frames under them, i.e.

[​IMG]

you could just put leafs on them but you still gotta cut all the old brackets off and make sure all your geometry is set, also something to think about is how much power its gonna take to turn 2.5 ton axles efficiently

as far as steering geometry, it would be more expensive but full hydro steering would be an option

3. FLfirefighter

FLfirefighter STORMTROOPER EDTION

^ Thats an old high school friend of mine's truck, it is bad a$$ but he is a total duesh bag

4. mustangwarrior

haha, i know one of those guys, haha, but i havent talked to him since high school and dont care to either

5. FLfirefighter

FLfirefighter STORMTROOPER EDTION

Me too, we both worked for a truck acc./custom shop putting on lifts and whatever else, then i got a job at the fire dept. and he got fired then he started his own custom's shop and he has screwed a few trucks up really bad putting lifts on.

6. joh408

joh408 Full Access Member

I've heard solid axle swaps are hard to do with your body style, something with steering I think. I've only seen 1 done. But I don't know too much about SAS

7. mustangwarrior

i really want to sas mine, if i do a d44 coil spring swap its practically bolt in, but i'd like to do d60's front and rear with leaf springs up front, but once again $$$ becomes an issue

8. jlyoung08

jlyoung08 gumby

theres a transfer case for rockwells here for sale
    southeasttexas.com - Classifieds - Results

9. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

6.72 gears holy **** man. thats nuts. i would just build a mudder instead of swapping out what youve got under your truck already.

10. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

So the consensus seems to be that it would be more trouble than its worth i gather?Ya never thot about the motor and tranny.Looks like i would have to tweak both huh?Or it would be a slug i gather?Also not tweaking the motor and tranny wouldn't get me thru any real deep mud i take it also?Also seems i may run into steering issues i gather also?