2000 F250 V10 2V EGR Location

Discussion in 'F-250 and F-350 General Tech and Info' started by Jeff Scott, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Junior Member

Truck was idling like crap. Had P0171 and P0174 DTCs. Doing TLC.. Pulled Throttle Body, IAC, found bad hose to replace, want to clean EGR and valve cover gaskets while at it but can’t find the EGR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  2. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

@Jeff Scott
    Should be on driver's side of throttle body.
    Follow the EGR tube from the exhaust manifold to it.

Jeff Scott likes this.
  3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Junior Member

I replied to this the other day. Thank you Roush PSD for trying t to help. And yes Sir, I totally agree that it should be there with some kind of exhaust line run it. I went over that motor with with a fine tooth comb. I generally can find and identify one 3 out 5 times. This seriously had me second guessing myself.

At first I thought it might have been this: That canister looking thing up against the firewall, with the hose on ether side, but didn’t look like any EGR I’d ever seen.

[​IMG]

As I’d mentioned earlier, I needed a new PCV elbow hose. I went to the dealer looking one. Advance wanted $27 with a weeks wait. I carried that plenum in with me. I asked that EGR question to them. The guy says “You ain’t got one”. Now I’m really confused, he walks back up and I’m 20 questions. So....ends up that mine had been deleted.
    T[​IMG]

Sorry to bother y’all. First Triton. Have a 5.4 3V too. I just gotta learn these engines . I’m not helpless or restarted. I promise. I used to pull wrenches quite a bit back in the day, Carbed, pushrod, distributor, plug wires. Had a 20 year break except for a tractor and Mustang. and now as I’m getting back into it, I’m catching up on technology. I’m having a ball learning all this. The big prize is doing it with my 16 yo son. Thank y’all for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Roush PSD Interceptor likes this.
  4. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

Not a bother Jeff.
    Definitely deleted.

Brother-in-law had that engine in an Excursion.
    Those are one thirsty beast.
    Can't blame ya for trying to get just a little more out
    of it from the gas station.

Pics turned out great.

Keep us updated on your progression as you work on it !

Jeff Scott likes this.