2001 F150 5.4 ac issues

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by aeidian1, Apr 12, 2017.

1. aeidian1

aeidian1 Junior Member

I replaced the solenoid to no success. The cap on the new one is definitely more secure than the old one, so I may have inadvertently saved myself a future issue. To the degree this is happening, I would suspect there is a large vacuum issue somewhere. When smoking the vacuum lines and discovering the solenoid had smoke coming out the top, I also found one of the large vacuum hoses that hook to the throttle body next to the butterfly valves to be disconnected. Reconnecting it and using a zip tie to secure it still did not correct the issue. I believe my next step is to pull the ac controls off the dash again and try to smoke from that vacuum hub and see if it produces a result, perhaps I broke a line while removing or reassembling the dash. If I have it set on max ac and it's blowing out the defrost, then flip it to ac, it immediately comes out the vents, if I change it back to max ac it continues to come out the vents, but it's a noticeably stronger flow of air on ac vs max ac, so that makes me think somewhere a long the max ac line is busted, but then again, it defaults to defrost on ANY setting when accelerating, so I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

Smoke test and watch vacuum lines inside.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk