2011+ Concerns

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ak_cowboy, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

So for kicks and giggles I was building a new F150 to see what kind of options you could get.

It looks like there aren't anymore factory tow mirrors, which is weird with how popular they are with us :peace:

You can't get the Ecoboost with a rab/short bed, only with the 8ft bed. Too bad, cuz that would make a sick ride.

The 6.2 is only available in a screw/5.5ft config. Lamesauce.... Wtf can't you get it wit ha 6.5ft bed? or a scab/6.5? Hopefully they'll change that next year.

For color options there isn't any green... maybe it's just me, but it'd be nice to have some shade of all standard colors available. We pretty much have Red, Blue, Black, and White in different shades.

Just some things that I've noticed... Anything that have popped up to you guys?

2. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

go for it just buy one

3. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

bwhahaha i can barely afford a new trans, much less a new truck. And fock a F150, I built up an F250 with a scab/8ft and the 6.2 :drool: You can only get the 5.0 in the same config with the F150 :supergay:

4. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

how is the tranny coming along

5. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Oh don't forget that the 6.2 will only be offered in the Harley and the Platinum F-150.Been visiting some underground sites when it comes to new models.There is also no plan of ever putting a 6.2 in the lariet,the FX4 and the XLT.Kinda sucks cause i would get one if they put it in a FX4 or XLT.

6. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

You can get it in the Limited also. I would get one in a heartbeat if it was an Fx4.

7. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    They actually do offer the towing mirrors for the trucks. It wasnt offered in the original build back in december, but since has changed. Go to forddirect.com to build there. I was a bit bummed about the configurations, or lack there of, and thats why i've been lookin at a SD instead of a new 2011. And I agree, no 6.2 w/ a SCrew 6.5' is :supergay:

8. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

The only concern I have is the $45,000 they want for the one I want :nutkick:

9. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

^^They want too damn much for all of em imo. :jester:

10. FX41

FX41 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thats it for me too......I would have to spend $50,000 to replace my truck with a new one, and I don't have that great of a truck. I'm just thinking, a big gas V8, Screw, FX4 with a few options and it goes threw the roof!