2011+ Concerns

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ak_cowboy, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

6speed auto or standard? You could get 6 speed standard in the 250s also up till 2009 (I think)

2. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Thanks for the info there man.Ya both are to much for me to be in truck debt.After all my truck is payed off.Now if they ever offered the 6.2 in a FX4 or a XLt then i'm all over it.Untill then i will keep my truck.

3. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    6speed auto. Double OD? NICE! I only think the 09 SD's are 6speed manual correct?

4. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Yeah, the 6 auto would be sick still. Idk when they started, but I think it was early 2000s and ended in 2009

5. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

So I'm building an XLT as simple as I can for my grandparents. Just wanted a scab/6.5' bed, power locks/windows, 5.0, tow package, 3.55s, and 2wd. Going alright until I tried to add 4" running boards (it would be a grandpa truck, and my grandma is only 5'2" lol)

The boards cost $0, with no (!) or anything, but I got this message...

WTF??? Why would running boards determine what engine and axle I want?? The other running boards are either a $250 or $595 option... I smell something rotten in Denmark... :shooter:

6. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

Dang man thats messed up

7. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

stupid ford and their packages. i think i wouldnt worry about them since its just a $250 cost tops, that would add $4 to your monthly note if financed. hell you can order the truck as is and get a set of factory steps from CL for like $150 and they'll bolt right up.

8. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

what vano said

9. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Yeah, I know its not a make it/break it kinda deal, but its still b.s.... I wish it was like the old days where you ordered every option separate from everything else. Like, 4.10s with the 3.7 or something. Or a Reg cab XLT with the 5.0 and 4.10s with carpet delete in GREEN. none of this "package" nonesense, where you're locked into 6 options cuz you only want one. Or you get a Lariat when all you wanted was an XLT with the Center Message Display...

10. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

yea, i'm sure you can still order it that "defined" but you would have to go into the dealer for that. The internet is for the prepackaged orders ya know? hell, do the whole deal minus those steps, then go to the dealer and see what he comes up w/ for the exact build but W/ steps and see if your total is off by $250 less than his.

And if you want the Message Center... just get you a Lariat cluster and splice in the message buttons like i did haha.