2012 5.0L questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by White_Lightning, Feb 5, 2013.

1. White_Lightning

White_Lightning dunno comere from sickem

Anyone here ever heard of anyone running super 10 series on the 5.0?? I heard em on a 5.4 mustang. And it sounded realllly good.

Whatd be the best tuner for the 5.0?

And last but not least. What lift would compliment 35" tires wrapped on some 22" wheels? And what wheel spacing and back spacing would i need to make a 12.50 stick out about 3"? Tires would be 12.50 and wheel would be 10".

Thanks guys.

2. 2012FX4

2012FX4 Full Access Member

Never heard a 10 series, but IMO nothing beats the sound of a Roush exhaust.
    As for the tuner .. I recommend SCT Livewire TS as it has the ability to hold 10 custom tunes and has allot of neat functions. Tuned by the right person you can net MPG as well as allot of power.

Lift .. in order to clear 35"s with zero rubbing and full felx you will need 3" or more.
    I am running a 2" HBS level and a equivalent 34" tire on a 20" wheel with a +12 offset. Stock on these trucks is +44 . Mine sit completely flush with the OEM flares.

As for the offset .. to stick out 3" past the fender you are looking at a negative offset wheel. -12 or more will do it.

3. White_Lightning

I havent made up my mind conpletely on the exhaust yet. I just like the throaty sound of the flowmasters man.

And if im not mistaken dont they make a 3" leveling type kit for these models? And i doubt this truck would ever see over half flex. I only gunna drive her down the road.

And im lookin at the xd thump wheels i think theyll look good on the truck when im done with it.

4. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

10 series is flowmaster off road muffler. Sounds really nice uses a chambered design. I'm either going to use them on my 5.4 or a couple glasspacks for flow through design.

5. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Haven't heard that exhaust yet. Check out youtube :shrug:

SCT Livewire custom tuned by 5 Star
    (I would suggest getting their Boss 302 package. It's the intake from the Boss Mustang, CAI, and custom tunes)

3" is sticking out a lot. I would suggest a 6" lift. 4" may work if you only mall crawl.

6. White_Lightning

What about skyjackers 4-6" lift thank thatd clear 35s?

And roger. Im like you the 10 series jus sounds smexy on what ever you put it on man. Ya know?

And i need knowledge on these tuners. Ive asked for it tons of times for my 2001 but never gained any info that was useful... Someone please sit down and explain them to me in detail.

7. 2012FX4

2012FX4 Full Access Member

8. White_Lightning

Link no worky.

9. Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12 Full Access Member

link works for me

10. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Edge is a good tuner with 3 tunes, custom tunes change it into a Gryphon. Gives you a nice 4 gauge display on your dash. Get one for about $250 used.
    SCT. 3+ tunes, custom tuned by a lot of guys. Mike at 5 Star (a vendor here) is an awesome guy to work with. you can have just a tuner, or get a Livewire and have gauges also. They're more expensive ($400+) but get you more tunes and custom ones are included.

Edge
    [​IMG]

Livewire
    [​IMG]